So I've been playing the acoustic guitar for 6 months, then switched to electric guitar and overall I've been playing for a year and a half.
This is the main solo of Mr. Crowley, I think it's the hardest one I've learned (along with Bark at the Moon's intro and outro solo)
My classmate has been putting me down saying my playing sucks so I need either a confidence boost or a reality check. I need you to be very honest with me.
Mr Crowley - Stefan (MediaFire)
Recorded with Guitar Rig 5 and Reaper
Last edited by StefanWylde at May 10, 2014,
There is no such thing as a ability/time scale, it's different for everyone.

And no one will download this from mediafire, upload it to your profile or something, this is the kind of thing it's for.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Tell your classmate he's a twat and keep practicing whatever skill level you're at.
Pretty sweet soloing, that's certainly impressive for a year and a half. Just ignore what that classmate says, he sounds like a prick.
Also, good recording quality.
Keep rocking man!
I thought it was good! Sounds better than a guy I know that has been playing for 8 years. I can tell you that with the time you practiced you did achieve a lot, just carry on doing what you're doing, don't worry about bashing opinions. Only care about constructive criticism.
Your classmate is definitely wrong. For a year and a half that was really great. Keep practicing and pay attention to your vibrato and the overall precision of your playing. Remember,we play guitar because it's fun! Keep rocking!
Quote by GuitarManiac110
Your classmate is definitely wrong. For a year and a half that was really great. Keep practicing and pay attention to your vibrato and the overall precision of your playing. Remember,we play guitar because it's fun! Keep rocking!

My fingers are still not strong enough. If I do a wider vibrato my wrist/fingers will get tired and I will play sloppy on the next phrase. Strings are 11s, the guitar is 100 $ strat replica
Sounds like one riff after another.
Rather than a constructed solo, it sounds like copied bits and pieces that are cobbled together.

You play well enough. Think to solo.
Quote by AngryHatter
Sounds like one riff after another.
Rather than a constructed solo, it sounds like copied bits and pieces that are cobbled together.

You play well enough. Think to solo.

This is Randy Rhoads' solo. You should hear it over the chord progression it sounds absolutely flawless
Quote by StefanWylde
This is Randy Rhoads' solo. You should hear it over the chord progression it sounds absolutely flawless

Not my cuppa to begin with.

You made my point, copying is meh. The ability to copy a solo note for note shows a good ear, but not much else.
The ability to construct a solo is priceless.