Page 1 of 8
So basically there always used to be 600+ people in the pit and now there are only 172 if we are lucky... So what did we do? Did we take things too far? Did we not take things far enough? Did Philip cause the end of the Pit and perhaps the entire UG forums?

Discuss while you can. Soon you will be leaving this place.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
For the same reason that forums in general are dying. They're being swept aside because of websites like Reddit.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I will never leave
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Probably because of all the other forms if social media mean people aren't using forums as much?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
People getting older and growing up.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
People stopped playing guitar and picked up the bass, then they dropped it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
**** you TS why would you want to remind us of this.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
People got lives? Everyone logged on actually plays the guitar now? People OD'ed on the pit's natural goodness? We may never know...
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by DardySon
Because you touch yourself at night.

I will not stop doing this, so does that mean I will bring about the end of UG? If so I think it is for a noble cause.

Quote by Pastafarian96
People got lives? Everyone logged on actually plays the guitar now? People OD'ed on the pit's natural goodness? We may never know...

But I have to know. Everyone make a list with every user that has left his whereabouts. I will ask them myself. I will take up this holy cause.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Philip_pepper
Maybe...maybe I didn't make enough threads to keep people engaged?

frick you philip.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Oh well see, it died out because things got too hot for them..... once I stepped in.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Neo Evil11
frick you philip.

Should I make more threads?

Is that what you're trying to communicate?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Should I make more threads?

Is that what you're trying to communicate?

No, Philip. Just no.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Because it seems this type of forum is dated, kids prefer their 4chans, and their reddits.

Maybe kids aren't learning guitar and older people quit guitar/or just stick to the main site.
Last edited by stratkat at May 10, 2014,
Because guitars are outdated now so nobody comes to this website.
Quote by deadsmileyface
omg lol

Frick u mutha ucka.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
The problem is The Pit is getting old, it needs a fresh new name. I suggest we call it Seinfeld.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Multiple reasons.

And there's probably a bunch of other reasons.

B..b...b....bbut this means we can't stop the downfall? What will I do. I refuse to be a noob on a new forum.
              Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
              I don't know about that second one.
              Quote by SGstriker
              If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
              Just barreling dogs and barking trains
              Another year lost to the blue line
              Quote by Neo Evil11
              B..b...b....bbut this means we can't stop the downfall? What will I do. I refuse to be a noob on a new forum.

Yeah, the Pit will be pretty much completely dead within the next few years. The only hope is for another membership boom, which I only see happening if guitar-based music also gets a boom. Not to say a lot music does't use guitars these days, but it's pretty obvious it's not as popular as it used to be. Actually, Guitar Hero and Rock Band were probably hugely important in bringing a lot of members to this site, so here's to hoping we get another craze like that.
              Quote by Philip_pepper
              Don't worry guys.

My threads will bring back the folks reddit and 4chan have taken from us.

So i guess we will be seeing You Fap You Lose threads from now on.
              Quote by GuitarGod_92
              Multiple reasons.

And there's probably a bunch of other reasons.

UG members keep in contact on Facebook? I honestly did not know that.
                Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
                Quote by Krieger91
                UG members keep in contact on Facebook? I honestly did not know that.

i have like 28 UGers on Facebook, I think.
                And I follow quite a few on tumblr, as well.
                Pitted fruits
                How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
                So basically a lot of users flocked to reddit and 4chan? Are those the type of people we really want here?

I, for one, am glad that all the filthy scum have gone
                Last edited by Duffman123 at May 10, 2014,
                Another issue is the larger topic threads, it's a big problem, I don't post in continued threads because it's very rarely enough people will respond so you can't really discuss things properly and so these threads are dying because not enough people post in them.

I've also had about 4 threads closed recently because there were already topic threads on similar things, I don't know how to get around this problem but it kind of cuts off a lot of popular topics being discussed, they should try and fix this.

I also feel like new users are a bit intimidated by a lot of the Pit veterans, not intentional by us but I think our humor is very particular and they don't really understand that most things are just banter...

Any 13/14 users lurking but not posting, please just post, we don't bite, much
                Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
                How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
                thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
                Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN