Page 1 of 2
I have a huge gig next weekend at least 50 people will be attending and I need a loud amp . I am between a new bugera 6262 ,a bugera 333xl ,a used peavey xxx and an used peavey 5150 II. the peavays look like they are in good condition and ther price is about the same with the bugeras .Which one will be more reliable?
I don't want to rent gear again, it is not worth it if we gig all the time .
please don't tease me I am not richard.
Probably the 5150 of those, but you should answer these questions:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31052894&postcount=2

It will help us all give you the best advice possible.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If you want versatility and cleans, the XXX. If you just need hard rock metal sounds, the 5150.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Budget : 430 euro-591.07800 U.S. dollars

Genres :
guitar oriented music style but usually harmonies and chords are played rather than single notes over a rich background

New or Used?:
I don't care I prefer something that will last a while without problems

Home or Gig? :
gig

Closest City?:
My city

Current Gear?

PRS Hollowbody II CC
2 cables 4m
tuner boss
Nobody will tease you if you don't give out little bits of info in a weird way, and then keep adding odd restrictions.

Just answer the questions as GaryBillington advised and help will be given I'm sure.
Quote by mousakathegreat
Budget : 430 euro-591.07800 U.S. dollars

Genres :
guitar oriented music style but usually harmonies and chords are played rather than single notes over a rich background

New or Used?:
I don't care I prefer something that will last a while without problems

Home or Gig? :
gig

Closest City?:
My city

Current Gear?

PRS Hollowbody II CC
2 cables 4m
tuner boss

Get an acoustic guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Both peaveys will do hard rock just fine. If they're in a shop I'd recommend playing both and seeing which you prefer. Can't go wrong with either
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by mousakathegreat
Thank you I have 3 but I dont use them with this band it is hard rock no place for acoustic

yeah these guys don't know anything about hard rock at all

But the XXX is a bit more versatile, the 5150II is more aggressive
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at May 10, 2014,
which will last longer without problems? arent the bugeras copys off the peaveys ? I have read they sound the same. should I get the used ones?what if they need new tubes?
They may well be copies of the Peaveys, but they're also known to have reliability issues whereas Peavey are one of the most reliable brands around. Obviously anything can happen with any amp, but you're a damn sight safer to avoid Bugera if you're looking for reliability.

If they need new tubes, buy new tubes People here can advise you about that too, but if you aren't confident with doing maintenance yourself your local shop should be able to help you out.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by mousakathegreat
which will last longer without problems? arent the bugeras copys off the peaveys ? I have read they sound the same. should I get the used ones?what if they need new tubes?

Your asking for a answer that there is no clear answer to. It's like asking us when your gonna die

Peaveys are built very good with high quality parts in the USA where QC is kept to a high standard

Bugera have spotty QC and reliability is a huge factor. I owned a 333 and it sounded good but was not reliable to gig with.

Now I have seen Peavey's that need work when new, but you have a better chance of breakdowns with the Bugera

I would take a used peavey over a new bugera any day
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I had a bugera 6262 it was an alright amp never had any real issues with it. That being said I would go with the pavey XXX there more versatile and they can be loaded with 6L6's or EL34's.
definately the peavey amps.

it boils down to how pristine you want your cleans. i had pretty decent cleans coming out of my 5150ii when i had it but nothing to brag about. id take the 5150 but im a 5150fanboy
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Btw TS, the closest city thing isn't to stalk you, you have to understand prices vary from place to place as does availability. Could you at least give us a nation?
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
Btw TS, the closest city thing isn't to stalk you, you have to understand prices vary from place to place as does availability. Could you at least give us a nation?

TS is a troll, this is the 2nd thread he has done like this
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dementiacaptain

Plus, if someone on UG lives near you, they may be able to advise you on better places to find gear, which gear stores to avoid, or even deals you might otherwise not know about.

Quote by Robbgnarly
TS is a troll, this is the 2nd thread he has done like this

TS may or may not be a troll, but not everyone reading this thread will understand the relevance of asking about location.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 10, 2014,

just in case someone hasn't figured that out already

stupid thread is stupid
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
He'll probably close the thread soon like he did with the "rental" thread.

He wants us to help him but only gives information to enable us to give that help in little bits.

I mean there is a "genre" question in the info, but it took a few more posts after that to find out he plays hard rock. Why not give that info up front?
Witness Protection program?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I am from Greece Europe no point in telling you if I am from karditsa or from kolopetinitsa ..... why do you tease me and not help ? first my englise and now someone wants my dildo or something.
this is the important part :
I am between a new bugera 6262 ,a bugera 333xl ,a used peavey xxx and an used peavey 5150 II. the peavays look like they are in good condition and ther price is about the same with the bugeras .Which one will be more reliable?
You have already been given the answer, many times, the peaveys!

All 4 amps will need a retube to sound their best
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by mousakathegreat
I am from Greece Europe no point in telling you if I am from karditsa or from kolopetinitsa ..... why do you tease me and not help ? first my englise and now someone wants my dildo or something.
I am between a new bugera 6262 ,a bugera 333xl ,a used peavey xxx and an used peavey 5150 II. the peavays look like they are in good condition and ther price is about the same with the bugeras .Which one will be more reliable?

Who cares! Get the cheapest one, use the leftover cash for cheap beers and coke. Play the gig, smash your guitar, sleep with the venue owners wife and call it a goddamn night!

Or get the 5150.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
line 6 15? are you a troll or just.....
anyway you must see eurovision ....
suffersystem I like the way you think ...

so peavey are more reliable?why is this? are they point to point? someone said better quality control .how can we check this?What do they check? If they work?
xmmmmmm I dont see this
they both look like a crapy vcr to me ,they should include tape echo...

anyway what preamp and power tubes to upgrades this amps?
Attachments:
Peavey XXX.jpg
bugera 333.jpg
mousssssaa.jpg
Quote by mousakathegreat
line 6 15? are you a troll or just.....
anyway you must see eurovision ....
suffersystem I like the way you think ...

so peavey are more reliable?why is this? are they point to point? someone said better quality control .how can we check this?What do they check? If they work?
xmmmmmm I dont see this
they both look like a crapy vcr to me ,they should include tape echo...

anyway what preamp and power tubes to upgrades this amps?

The fact that you can find 20 year old Peaveys that have been abused to hell and back and still work speaks for itself. Bugera is owned by Behringer and just like Behringer they make cheap clones with cheaper lower grade parts and cheap labor and it shows in the price tag. When they work, they work and can even sound awesome depending on what they have cloned.

But Bugera's, and Behringer in general, reliability track record has been really poor, lots of duds on this forum alone and not just from the now-fixed melting connector that caused fires on earlier Bugera models.

Now, that said Behringer and Bugera do serve a purpose for non gigging bedroom guitarists who do not have concerns about reliability and want to try different things out for cheap but if you gig for the love of god man do not cheap out with poor quality gear.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at May 10, 2014,
Quote by mousakathegreat
I am from Greece Europe no point in telling you if I am from karditsa or from kolopetinitsa .....

Knowing that you are in Greece is sufficient- no need to get more specific- because now we can look at what we know and see if we can help you.

Peavey. Peavey. Peavey.

Don't even look at the Brugeras anymore.

The fact that you can find 20 year old Peaveys that have been abused to hell and back and still work speaks for itself
only 20 years? peavay was founded 1965 that is not good!haha bad argument
when did bugera first apear? xmmmm

really guys what tubes and how many?
If you buy a Bugera it will need new tubes anyway because they come loaded with shit.
Whether you go for a XXX or a 5150 is a matter of taste, both are good, reliable amps. Depends on your personal taste. If I was to be playing a wide range of hard rock that sometimes needed good cleans, then the XXX. If heavy distortion is more important,then the 5150.

Yeah, yeah, I know, don't feed the trolls - but there may be some noob also reading this that wants to know for real.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You can google the tubes and how many, we aren't a search engine. If you would like advice on what brands, I recommend JJ. And you can find Peaveys that are 40-50 years old too, we only mentioned 20 years because that is when the XXX and 5150 were starting to be built (really a bit earlier). We regularly see Bugera fail threads, we rarely see Peavey fail threads. Anyone who has owned both (me for example) can tell you that the Peaveys are much more robust.

For other options, look at Jet City. Great amps for cheap.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Can't we get this little douche banned by now?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

For what? Upsetting you a little bit! Yeah he's a dick but so are quite a few others on this forum.

Stop opening the thread if you don't want to read his posts. He hasn't been offensive or broken any of the site rules. Just ignore him.
Quote by deano_l
For what?

For trolling.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
For trolling.

Exactly, that is against the rules.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Try & go easy on him - at least he's trying to do the right thing this time. Sure, his last thread was a bit stupid with the limitations he was putting on the scenario, but hopefully this thread is the start of him trying to build a solid set up.

He's also said English isn't his first language, so that could be making him express things in a way an English/American/etc could find a bit weird, and also why sometimes when we ask a question he doesn't give the sort of answer we might expect.

He certainly hasn't broken any rules to deserve a ban, if anything he deserves benefit of doubt as he's trying to rectify his situation after a couple of humorously dodgy threads about his current kit.

EDIT: Before this thread I'd have agreed with the trolling comments, but I think this one is his attempt to put things right. I'm going with innocent until proven guilty.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at May 11, 2014,
Quote by GaryBillington
Try & go easy on him - at least he's trying to do the right thing this time. Sure, his last thread was a bit stupid with the limitations he was putting on the scenario, but hopefully this thread is the start of him trying to build a solid set up.

He's also said English isn't his first language, so that could be making him express things in a way an English/American/etc could find a bit weird, and also why sometimes when we ask a question he doesn't give the sort of answer we might expect.

He certainly hasn't broken any rules to deserve a ban, if anything he deserves benefit of doubt as he's trying to rectify his situation after a couple of humorously dodgy threads about his current kit.

EDIT: Before this thread I'd have agreed with the trolling comments, but I think this one is his attempt to put things right. I'm going with innocent until proven guilty.

Oh some of the answers are funny as hell he has given.

Maybe someone can slap him with a Gyro
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Page 1 of 2