Hello,

I've suddenly found some fret buzz on high gain on my third, fourth, fifth and sixth frets on my Squier Strat. Take the gain off and the buzz goes too, but the song i'm working on atm requires it. It's unbearable, like a mosquito flying around your ear.

I tried raising the action higher and higher on that string. Buzz still there. Did a little truss rod adjustment and no joy. I don't understand why this has just suddenly apppeared. I've had the guitar for months and it's never been a problem.

Anyone any ideas? Frets dont look damaged and I tried changing the string just incase it had a nick or a kink.
No way to know without looking at the neck. You need to learn to check your frets for level. One of my best tools is a StewMac Fret Rocker.

It's essentially four short straight edges on one piece of metal, and you use it to check three frets in a group at a time. If it "rocks," then you have one fret higher than the others, and you need to fix that fret.

I've been having my guitar necks PLEK'd (a great neck analysis tool as well as a great fret mill), one at a time as needed, and I've been having my frets superglued (if the guitar was built with just "pressed in" frets).

The supergluing does two things.

One, it helps eliminate "flyer" frets-- a fret that lifts slightly from the tang cavity because the wood has shrunk slightly or moved. You can pound or press high frets back down, but if they've lifted once, they'll often do it again.

Second, it establishes a better sonic connection between the fret and the fretboard and helps eliminate "dead" frets. I think it's a key to better sustain and has some tonal benefits, but if that's too cork sniffy for you, I'll understand <G>.

http://www.stewmac.com/tsarchive/ts0043.html

High end custom builders will usually install their frets using Titebond, but it's very rare to find a manufacturer who will take the time (and utilize the expensive labor) to do that. I've even done this on a $200 cheapo intended to be a bar guitar, and I really think supergluing the frets makes a difference.