Hello, I am new to guitars and recently bought an electro acoustic Fender Squier SA105-CE. I have a RLAKY PM5306 mixer with stereo speakers and wanted to connect my guitar with a 1/4 inch cable, but it didn't work. I searched on the internet how to do this and on some websites I read it should work and on some it wrote that I need a DI box with pre-amp, or a XLR cable (are those the ones for microphones?). Before I buy any of this expensive stuff, I wanted to ask about it, if there is a cheap and effective way (it doesn't have to sound great) to connect a guitar directly to a mixer.

If there is one, please tell me. Sorry that I'm such a n00b XD
Last edited by andreasus97 at May 10, 2014,
it should work just fine.

Is the battery any good in the guitar?

How are you hooking it up to the mixer? is the mixer new or have you had it for a while?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The guitar has a new battery. I plug the 1/4 cable in my guitar and then in Line of channel 1 of the mixer. The mixer is older than 5 years, but still works well, never had a problem with it, I mostly use it with my pc. I had a thought of buying a 1/4 to XLR adapter and plug it in the microphone socket.
Quote by andreasus97
The guitar has a new battery. I plug the 1/4 cable in my guitar and then in Line of channel 1 of the mixer. The mixer is older than 5 years, but still works well, never had a problem with it, I mostly use it with my pc. I had a thought of buying a 1/4 to XLR adapter and plug it in the microphone socket.

Have you tried pluging it into a different channel?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I tried every channel now and it still doesn't give any sound. To make sure it wasn't the mixers fault, I tested all channels again with a microphone with 1/4 cable and plugged it in Line and the channels have no problem, the microphone works. I'm not sure if it could be the guitars fault because I got it yesterday.
Do you have any experience using a mixer? They will have a gain control, as well as a level control. You need to turn the gain up to the point where the guitar's signal is at its loudest without clipping. More than likely the mixer will have some sort of LED to indicate this and you just want to make sure you don't go into the red when you play your loudest.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Thank you for all your answers. The problem was because of me. It actually worked all the time, but I always pressed a button, which was the tuner and I thought that was the on/off button. If the tuner was on it showed me on some plastic with LEDs what note I was playing, instead of transmitting the sound to the mixer. Now I can hear the guitar playing in the speakers and it is super nice