Don't care
30 39%
I don't go to the doctor
13 17%
I have flat booty syndrome
4 5%
Voters: 76.
Page 1 of 2
So lets say you've gotta go to the doctor for your flat booty syndrome, or for a check up or whatever, and they've got to check your naughty bits for whatever reason. Do you prefer a male doctor or a female doctor to check you out? Personally idgaf cuz close your eyes and it's all the same.
Sail upon the open skies
Or you could be an adult and realize it's a standard procedure and take whichever you get.
Quote by blake1221
Or you could be an adult and realize it's a standard procedure and take whichever you get.

Or you could be an adult and realize there are valid reasons why someone might need to see a doctor that they can be comfortable with.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Or you could be an adult and realize there are valid reasons why someone might need to see a doctor that they can be comfortable with.

Fair enough. I forgot emotions are a thing.
It's nice that you acknowledge the female UG users and put "same sex/opposite sex" into the poll instead of male/female, because that way, if both gender voted, the results would not be representative.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
I only go for physical check-ups and stuff, like once a year. I usually like female doctors better for physicals (obviously), but overall it doesn't matter.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by blake1221

Bingo. Who gives a damn about whether the doctor is a man or a woman? They're trained to help you out with your health issues.

Quote by GuitarGod_92

I don't see how the sex of a doctor would have anything to do with this.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 10, 2014,
I don't care.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Actually, I prefer if it's a guy now that I think about it. That way I can gauge if I'm gay or not. I've always been curious about the truth.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Bingo. Who gives a damn about whether the doctor is a man or a woman? They're trained to help you out with your health issues.

I don't like people touching me in general unless I initiate contact. I always stop breathing when they do the stethoscope bit for instance so if they do that before taking my blood pressure it messes everything up. If I could hug the doctor while they did this it would be much easier for me because touching is ok if it's in a reassuring context.

The doctor being a woman also makes it much easier though I'm still uncomfortable. Just because you're ok with anyone doesn't mean everyone else is
cat
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

You don't see how the sex of a doctor could make someone more or less comfortable with them? There are like a ton of reasons for that. But you seriously can't think of any?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
it's not a big deal to me, and i'll take whoever is available, but i feel more comfortable with a male doctor touching my penis and fondling my balls. i get that it's a professional environment and all, which is why i'm fine with a lady doctor, but i definitely prefer males

edit: it's worth noting that comfort levels are rarely, if ever, based on rationality.
Last edited by progdude93 at May 10, 2014,
Quote by theogonia777
You don't see how the sex of a doctor could make someone more or less comfortable with them? There are like a ton of reasons for that. But you seriously can't think of any?

As progdude said, it's a professional environment.

But see below...

Quote by guitarxo
I don't like people touching me in general unless I initiate contact. I always stop breathing when they do the stethoscope bit for instance so if they do that before taking my blood pressure it messes everything up. If I could hug the doctor while they did this it would be much easier for me because touching is ok if it's in a reassuring context.

The doctor being a woman also makes it much easier though I'm still uncomfortable. Just because you're ok with anyone doesn't mean everyone else is

Well, no, I get that. I'm actually uncomfortable most of the time too. (And me hugging a doc would make it even worse, lol.) It's just that, regardless of the doctor's sex, it's awkward. I don't really like doctor's offices.

Now, I know some people are comfortable the whole time, but I'm not.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 10, 2014,
I love going to the doctor for things like colds or whatever where they don't have to touch you and I love going to the dentist. I just don't like touching
cat
When it comes to my health, I don't give a shit about political correctness. Whichever situation makes the most comfortable is the one that's needed. I generally prefer a male doctor, but I'm fine if it's the right female doctor. Also, no blacks.

Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
When it comes to my health, I don't give a shit about political correctness. Whichever situation makes the most comfortable is the one that's needed. I generally prefer a male doctor, but I'm fine if it's the right female doctor. Also, no blacks.

what does PC have to do with this?
I prefer a Female Nurse Practitioner. They pay attention to detail and they give you a good thorough observation, always worth the wait. I leave that office knowing what's up after seeing her.

All the doctors I have seen over the course of my life are usually Male, these days all they want do is talk over your head in medical jargon while they stare at their iPad, they never check you out, they write you a prescription after a two hour + wait then shove you out the door. In my experience a doctor doesn't give a shit, they just want your money, the more people they see in a day the more money they make.
Quote by Carnivean

So if you're suffering from a terminal illness and the best doctor that can help you is black, you're gonna turn him down?
Quote by So-Cal
male docs are better at fondling your balls

This actually happens to be the case from my experience.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Tell that to a woman that was just raped by a man.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Tell that to a woman that was just raped by a man.

Ok, fine. In that situation. (Btw, I'm sure you can keep coming up with situations; however, you've made your point.)

But, for the most part, the doctor's sex shouldn't matter.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

But, for the most part, the doctor's sex shouldn't matter.

Yeah, i dont care how much sex the doctor is having.
Now that i think about it i don't think i've ever had a female doctor. Except when i broke my arm, but that didn't require any coughing.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by KingChris90
Not bad Chris. Not bad.

Haha I'm cracking up. I can just picture someone looking in the mirror flexing as they say that.
I don't really care about touching my "naughty bits". It is a professional situation regarding my health and I'm not 14 years old.

I prefer female doctors because they tend to be a lot more personable and comforting. The male doctors have had a tendency to batter off facts & odds rather impersonally and coldly in my experience. Usually the more specialized the doctor the more tedious they are to interact with. I'd trust my female GP over any of the specialized male cancer doctors I have.
I wouldn't trust a woman to handle simple, everyday tasks let alone my personal health.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Hardlycore
So if you're suffering from a terminal illness and the best doctor that can help you is black, you're gonna turn him down?

I was kidding you moron. Hence the universal kidding smiley included at the end of the post.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Page 1 of 2