good evening so i just got this guitar i dont know who made it but it says "west limited" on the headstock

any way i want to change the neck ...... im going to use it as a second guitar

any suggestions with reasonable price ?

thanks

nice guitar very 80s

is it just me or is the neck slightly crooked? or maybe that's why you want to change it

not sure about specific necks but you'd want to measure its scale length and the dimensions in the neck pocket to make sure anything you get will fit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
nice guitar very 80s

is it just me or is the neck slightly crooked? or maybe that's why you want to change it

not sure about specific necks but you'd want to measure its scale length and the dimensions in the neck pocket to make sure anything you get will fit.

yeah thats the reason

i was thinking of turning it into evh frankenstein

but first let me make it in a perfect condition

oh man i forgot to measure it
is there anything actually wrong with the neck, or is the neck heel and/or neck pocket just cut not quite right? if so, you could maybe fix it with a strategically-placed shim, rather than having to fork out for a whole neck.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If the neck isn't totally stuffed I would do what ever you can to fix it because that guitar looks badass...totally charvel. If the neck is no good then all parts is good but if you are on a real budget then try and find a DR Parts neck, pretty good quality at a very good price

http://www.teamintlco.com/Dr.Parts/products.asp?ProductType_ID=6&ProductSubType_ID=66

the maples only come in 21 frets so some wood working will be need but its not overly hard stuff to do
i dont like the feeling of the neck i think the guitar needs a better one and there is something wrong with the nut i cant bend the G & B strings thats the two main reasons
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
i dont like the feeling of the neck i think the guitar needs a better one and there is something wrong with the nut i cant bend the G & B strings thats the two main reasons

I would try replacing the nut (cost about 50 cents) and reshape the back of the neck first, for 2 reasons i) its good practice for the future and 2) it might actually make the neck playable and to your liking ... or do you really want a rosewood fb??
Quote by sytharnia1560
I would try replacing the nut (cost about 50 cents) and reshape the back of the neck first, for 2 reasons i) its good practice for the future and 2) it might actually make the neck playable and to your liking ... or do you really want a rosewood fb??

no actually i was searching for maple when i found this guitar