Hey guys I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half and I want to be able to make my own solos and improvisation though I'm really don't know all the theory and I find it hard to understand. I'm trying to make a solo in the progression Bb7-Eb7-F.
Try Bb minor pentatonic or Bb blues scale. Assuming it's a sort of bluesy-sounding progression (should be, it's the regular I IV V progression, though I'd make the F an F7 as well).

If it's not bluesy you could probably just use Bb major or major pentatonic.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks, I'll try that should I move into Eb Pentatonic scale and F during the changes as well?
Quote by ds_davidson
Thanks, I'll try that should I move into Eb Pentatonic scale and F during the changes as well?

No. Don't bother. Just stick with Bb major or minor pentatonic or the Bb blues scale the whole time.

If you wish me to, I will explain more. Should I?

Edit:
I'll explain anyway, lol.

The key is Bbmajor. So, the progression is a I7 - IV7 - V progression, as Dave said. What does this mean? Well, let's lay out a few things:
1) The key signature of Bbmajor is: Bb, C, D, Eb, F, G, & A.
2) The notes of Bb7 are Bb, D, F, & Ab. The notes of Eb7 are Eb, G, Bb, & Db. The notes of F are F, A, & C.
3) The notes of the Bbmajor pentatonic are Bb, C, D, F, & G. The notes of the Bbminor pentatonic are Bb, Db, Eb, F, & Ab. The notes of the Bb blues scale are Bb, Db, Eb, E, F, & Ab.

Ok...so, what do you notice about the notes of the chords and the notes of the key signature? Well, most of the notes of the chords are in the key signature. (The Db in Eb7 isn't in the key signature. Also, the Ab in Bb7 isn't in the key signature.) Now, what about our scales? Again, most of the notes are in the key signature. (The Db and Ab in the Bbminor pentatonic aren't in the key signature, neither is the E in the Bb blues scale.)
This means, that as long as we are careful to not play notes that would clash over certain chords, we're ok using any of these 3 scales. For example, we shouldn't play a D note or an E over the Eb7 chord, nor should we play an Ab over the F chord. (You can if you want to create a little bit of dissonance, but don't linger on those notes too long over those chords.) But if we keep that in mind, soloing over our progression with any of the 3 scales should sound pretty good!

Make sense?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 10, 2014,
Quote by ds_davidson

You can but there's not really any need. it might even sound bluesier (assuming that's what you want) if you just stick to Bb minor pentatonic/blues. only thing is, when the changes happen, use your ears to target notes within the Bb minor/blues scales which work well with those new chords.

what crazy sam said, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?