Hi. I've been learning guitar all by myself and it has been 4 years since I started learning through the internet.
I am really confused of what level guitarist am I....
I really want to know if I am a beginner, beginner-intermediate, or intermediate guitarist...
The things I can play on guitar are:
Open chords,
Barre Chords,
Major, Minor and some of the 7th chords.
I can play most of the advanced or any type of tablature by reading and some practicing.
I can play songs by finger-picking.
I can easily figure out the notes according to the chords playing in the backing track to play along with.

I have NOW started to Learn scales..
I've started with a G major scale. I can play this scale with 5 patterns. And I have been improvising for a week now.
Please tell me what to do next.. I don't know what scale to learn now.
All those video tutorials on Youtube confuse me a lot by telling those Ionian, dorian etc type names. And I don't know what they are even talking about.
I want to focus more on scales for now.
So kindly tell me what are your opinions.
Cheers
Well, that depends on what "skill" you're talking about.

In terms of playing ability, you pretty much listed the basics that most intermediate guitarists already know. But you never mentioned any advanced techniques. Without any video evidence to show your playing, there's no way to accurately judge you in this area. You could be incredibly sloppy and have horrible timing. Or you could play clean and precise. We don't know.

In terms of judging you on a theoretical level, I'd wager that it's very poor since your question sounds very misguided. You should learn ALL the major scales as they are ALL useful. Are you going to write every song in the key of G major?

Video evidence would be really best if you wanted us to accurately judge you as a guitar player, but as of now you fall in the "Beginner/Intermediate" range.
justin guitar has lessons listed for beginners and intermediates. you could read through those and see where you are- if you know all or most of it, then you'll know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you can play a G major scale, you can play all the major scales. Just start the pattern you have learnt on a different note and job's a good 'un.
Quote by Killing Hand
If you can play a G major scale, you can play all the major scales. Just start the pattern you have learnt on a different note and job's a good 'un.

But can you play them in real time WITHOUT thinking? That's when you can actually play them.

Figuring them out from the intervals is not enough at all. It takes too long. You have to memorize them really well to use them effectively.
Quote by Elintasokas
But can you play them in real time WITHOUT thinking? That's when you can actually play them.

Figuring them out from the intervals is not enough at all. It takes too long. You have to memorize them really well to use them effectively.

The TS has just started playing scales, so it may take them a bit of time to play all the scales without thinking.

If you're asking if i can, then yes i can.