*** SPOILERS AHEAD***

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this yet (i know, but the ONLY film thread is old, and the film2 thread is meh).

Who else has seen this movie?

I just saw it today. This has to be the most mind-fuk movie i have seen in a very long time. I had no idea what was going at first, but then it started making sense as the character's went through the hypnosis, etc. It's a very good artsy, indy film.

What do you think about it (if you you've seen it)?

Why is it called upstream color?

Can you explain the overall meaning, besides 2 people finding love/organized living/religion almost (sorta)?

What do the pig's death, the worms, the man with the sun head, the sound sampling/"music", the flowers and nature symbolize/mean?

Is Primer (another Shane Carruth film) better in your opinon?

I can't even answer my own questions with a really sophisticated insight, so im definitely going to have another go with this film.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
and the film2 thread is meh

I stopped reading here.

Anyway I haven't seen the film, but I want to. From what I've heard, it has a lot of try-hard/hipster style of symbolism, so if you can't figure out what something means, just make it up and you'll be right anyway.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel

I stopped reading here.

Anyway I haven't seen the film, but I want to. From what I've heard, it has a lot of try-hard/hipster style of symbolism, so if you can't figure out what something means, just make it up and you'll be right anyway.

I had to stop at spoilers ahead
Irons
Quote by k.lainad

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this yet (i know, but the ONLY film thread is old, and the film2 thread is meh).

wow lol

all the people who would've watched it post in there anyway so literally copying and pasting your post that you just made in there and putting it into a thread and saying that's kinda weird

i hated what i saw and didn't even finish which is rare but a few people in the film thread are really big on it. i'm sure they have legitimate reasons to be
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at May 10, 2014,
Quote by Baby Joel

I stopped reading here.

Im sorry, but no one reply's very well in that thread, so I just made my own (sorry, mods).

Anyways, i thought it was a very well put together film. Carruth is definitely a control freak, and his style of directing is extremely fast paced. And you're right. I just made up my own ideas about the symbolism and just went along with those ideas for most of the film .

But I just NEED someone else s input (and the imDb thread on this movie is full of crazy people and pretentious hipsters.)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Try searching 'upstream color' in the search bar on UG and there will be many posts about it from the film thread.
I resent the implication that 2film2thread is anything less than the incredible quality of the movie that inspired its name
and yeah nobody's gonna give you good replies when you make your pieces of discussion look like an essay prompt
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
and yeah nobody's gonna give you good replies when you make your pieces of discussion look like an essay prompt

Just noticed that.

But it's not like YOU have to answer them like an essay prompt
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

What do you think about it (if you you've seen it)? It's cool.

Why is it called upstream color? Remember that stream at the end? Where people were picking orchids? There were also colors.

Can you explain the overall meaning, besides 2 people finding love/organized living/religion almost (sorta)? Pig rights

What do the pig's death, the worms, the man with the sun head, the sound sampling/"music", the flowers and nature symbolize/mean? Themselves.

Is Primer (another Shane Carruth film) better in your opinon? I haven't seen it yet
Wow, dissing the film thread? Big mistake m8
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse
Wow, dissing the film thread? Big mistake m8

sue me.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
sue me.

you posted it in there first!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown