Page 1 of 2
Pretty simple. What do you stick on when you don't want to have to change songs continually. What album? Or artist?

For me it's usually something easy listening like: Paolo Nutini, Frank Turner or Bowie.

What about you pit monkeys?
Irons
I think we had this thread a while ago. Doesn't matter though.

Iron & Wine, Boards of Canada, Earth, Sigur Ros, Billy Joel, The xx.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I think we had this thread a while ago. Doesn't matter though.

Iron & Wine, Boards of Canada, Earth, Sigur Ros, Billy Joel, The xx.

Yeah there are always new pit monkeys. Billy Joel? Nice! Cant beat a bit of piano man from time to time
Irons
For chilling out and not changing songs, Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall are great to albums to have on.
Quote by ethanwhufc
Yeah there are always new pit monkeys. Billy Joel? Nice! Cant beat a bit of piano man from time to time

yeh but dat first album tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6gzf-6Hzmw

I love Piano Man as much as everyone else, but I think Cold Spring Harbor is his best album.
it's all coming back

Usually Danny Elfman's less crazy stuff like the Big Fish soundtrack, or some Queen.
Now I'm sure UG users will be, what's the word, au courant enough to spoiler any videos they decide to share.
Quote by Baby Joel
yeh but dat first album tho

I love Piano Man as much as everyone else, but I think Cold Spring Harbor is his best album.

Not going to lie ive only started listening to him the past few months!
Irons
Any album by Between the Buried and Me from the last like 8 years or Time I by Wintersun.
^good call. Ludovico is pretty chill. So much fun to play on the piano as well, cause it lends itself to endless improvisation.
it's all coming back

yeh good luck mate. He's a lot of fun to play. It's amazing though how simple his stuff his, yet how much control and precision he has. To make it sound the way does is haaard.
it's all coming back

Dark Side of the Moon
Aqualung
In the Court of the Crimson King
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
Trip-hop mostly. Stuff like Gorillaz, Nujabes, Wax Tailor. Deep house as well.

Also this guy lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st4vX2Jg_Wg
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Mark Kozelek, Sun Kil Moon, Red House Painters etc.

Carbon Based Lifeforms

Blackmill

Ben Howard

Radical Face
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0a4qM8rhE

any chill buckethead album...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

rush, pink floyd or iron maiden.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
ayo that's a nice beat bruv
it's all coming back

math rock. The chill instrumental kind, not the emo-vocalized insanity of other math rock bands
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
yeh I like that one too.

Tried to get my flatmates to listen to it, but they weren't too into it
it's all coming back

Last couple weeks it's mostly been Gregor Samsa, Have A Nice Life, King Krule, Ricky Eat Acid and Freddie Gibbs
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Just off the top of my head:

Devin Townsend - "Ghost" "Ki" "Terria"
Mastodon - "Crack The Skye"
Alcest - "Shelter"
I also have a playlist with various alt-rock bands, alt being a pretty loose term

It really depends on my mood though
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Just off the top of my head:

Devin Townsend - "Ghost" "Ki" "Terria"
Mastodon - "Crack The Skye"
Alcest - "Shelter"
I also have a playlist with various alt-rock bands, alt being a pretty loose term

It really depends on my mood though

Basically everything from the article about songs to sleep to lol. Ghost is amazing!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
Basically everything from the article about songs to sleep to lol. Ghost is amazing!

I didn't even see that article holy shit nice to see Ghost on the list though

I love the live version of that album though. If you haven't seen that show yet, I highly encourage you to do so

If I'm thinking real low then anything by Stars of the Lid and other ambient stuff
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Stars of the Lid is real cool but for me that sorta stuff is better for when I really need to concentrate. I suppose it wouldn't be bad for sleep though either
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
^yeah no I use 'em for both. When I'm properly listening to them though it's pretty odd when you make out this lurching melody and it ends up quite intense (as intense as ambience can get lul), good stuff
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Page 1 of 2