I found this website that does a bunch of song analyses for pop songs: http://popmusictheory.com/

I thought that the people here might be interested in this because the main problem I have with learning music theory (at least without a teacher) is that there often is no guided example that I can refer from.
Quote by tchesher
Dude I feel sorry for you......U Like Pop!!!! And ur supposedly a guitarist

What are you 12?

EDIT: Nope, 24 apparently.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
What are you 12?

EDIT: Nope, 24 apparently.

Double the 12-year-old?

Seriously, though, that's a pretty cool site.
Wait, it's got polyrhythms in T Swizzle, I'm sold.
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at May 11, 2014,
Not bad. I was expecting a bunch of bullshit which falls apart (theory-wise) quickly, like a lot of other "pop theory" sites.
^ Agreed. I remember that last one that was posted was kind of iffy. I was looking up i knew you were trouble by taylor swift (I don't have any street cred to lose ) and it said the whole piece was major, and even with my limited grasp on music theory that sounded iffy to me because I figured it went to the relative minor in the chorus. This site agrees with me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?