Best amp I've ever owned. And I've owned a ridiculous list of high-gainers (Bogner, Diezel, Mesa, Cameron, Fortin, etc.). This thing smokes. Here's a shitty after-lunch webcam clip I threw together.

PETERS HYDRA VID CLIP

Last edited by FourT6and2 at May 11, 2014,
Nice!

What pre did you choose?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Nice!

What pre did you choose?

Hydra...?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Ippon
Congrats!

Best amp? Hope you kept the VH4.

Nah. VH4 is gone. I had that one for a few years and it was great. But I think lately I've moved on from the Diezel sound. The tone I like is more raw. The Diezels have crazy low end and lots of gain. But I prefer something more open and aggressive in the mid range. Plus it was too much amp for my needs. I really only need a single channel amp—maybe a dual channel with clean at the most. So the Peters is perfect. And it can sound just like the VH4 if I EQ it that way.

I have an Einstein combo which is great. But I don't really play it anymore now that the Peters is here. So I'm selling it.
Last edited by FourT6and2 at May 11, 2014,
Quote by FourT6and2
Nah. VH4 is gone. I had that one for a few years and it was great. But I think lately I've moved on from the Diezel sound. The tone I like is more raw. The Diezels have crazy low end and lots of gain. But I prefer something more open and aggressive in the mid range. Plus it was too much amp for my needs. I really only need a single channel amp—maybe a dual channel with clean at the most. So the Peters is perfect. And it can sound just like the VH4 if I EQ it that way.

I have an Einstein combo which is great. But I don't really play it anymore now that the Peters is here. So I'm selling it.

Blasphemy! I'd get rid of the VH4 only if I can have its Channel 3 elsewhere.
Looks sweet. I'm gonna have to check out some Youtube vids of this. Don't think I've ever heard one before.
Aww **** I thought hydra was the name of the single channel amp.

Sorry :P
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Ippon
Blasphemy! I'd get rid of the VH4 only if I can have its Channel 3 elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, Channel 3 of the VH4 is awesome. It just doesn't have the voicing I'm after these days.
Quote by Dimarzio45
Looks sweet. I'm gonna have to check out some Youtube vids of this. Don't think I've ever heard one before.

You mean like the vid I posted?
Quote by Spambot_2
Aww **** I thought hydra was the name of the single channel amp.

Sorry :P

It is...

You order an amp (single, dual, triple channel) and you pick which OD channels you want. In this case, it's a Hydra.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by FourT6and2
You mean like the vid I posted?

Oh shit I didn't even notice the link.

Edit- Yeah man sounds great.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at May 11, 2014,