Hey guys, so a while back i shared the debut music video from my band Muscle of Love, called aggressive love, well i figured i would share a live video from our last show. Im the guitarist on the left, with the ESP 1000. Id love to know what u guys think of this!!! (Especially my solo spot starting around 1:05). Any crit/advice/praise/hate/megahate lmao is appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=649tMPNThkg

I will gladly C4C!!!!

Thanks guys,

Jake P
I'm diggin' the music and the vibe. Really like the blue-y feel of your solo, although you're a bit stiff and such with your on stage presence (your tapping skills are pretty amazing, though! That was awesome.), but that's easily fixed with more time on stage. All in all, you guys sounded great and the setup looked pretty dope. Gonna have to check out your guy's other stuff.

Keep on truckin', dude!
Quote by mangablade
If star wars had a Heavy Metal band (no not "Vader" lol), then you would be it. You sound like a anrgy mother****ing Yoda.

I sound like an angry Yoda...is that a good thing...or a bad thing? lol
Dude, you can definitely rock the guitar, but parts of the solo were a bit sloppy. I'd say get it a bit tighter and you've got yourself a really cool solo which fits the song. Most of it is very tight, but the parts that I didn't find that convincing were the vibrato/bendy parts around 1:25. Also that Michael Angelo Batio style over-the neck tapping sounded like a bit of a mess. Having said that, you really have some great techniques there.
Otherwise, you guys don't look like you're having much fun on stage.. Music's pretty tight, but have fun god dammit.
Quote by powerhead
Dude, you can definitely rock the guitar, but parts of the solo were a bit sloppy. I'd say get it a bit tighter and you've got yourself a really cool solo which fits the song. Most of it is very tight, but the parts that I didn't find that convincing were the vibrato/bendy parts around 1:25. Also that Michael Angelo Batio style over-the neck tapping sounded like a bit of a mess. Having said that, you really have some great techniques there.
Otherwise, you guys don't look like you're having much fun on stage.. Music's pretty tight, but have fun god dammit.

haha thanks man, this song is actually more or less our jam song, we have a few riffs with lyrics, the rest is just a jam. I just winged some shit for the solo lmao The over under thing is actually something i never did prior to that, didnt go quite as well as i would have liked, but oh well. Thanks for checking it out!!!
Overall, it sounds tight! Nice playing in the solo as well. Something that I would have liked is if the solo started slowly and then built up to the faster parts with all the instruments involved, instead of just you shredding away. I realize that this might not be the easiest thing to do if you're just jamming, but it would still be nice. Anyway, all in all, it sounds good. Good job!
awesomo41894,
Megahate?..........hmmmm.....can't think on any. Audio quality could be better, but I know that isn't easy for a live band recording. Lead guitar solo is good. Vocals are pretty good, glad it wasn't growling/screaming. Drumming is fine. Pretty good for a live band video! Save it for memories sake. Perhaps you could review 'Want to Believe' at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1641229