I recently ordered 2 emg 81's off ebay, however they didn't come with a switch..

is it possible to wire them together like a jazz bass with 2 volumes and no switch?

anyone have a link to a diagram for this?
do they come with the stereo jack and 25k pots? I just bought 2 of these for super cheap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150655770615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

If you need the strat style switch those are cheap also

www.guitarelectronics.com

^+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at May 11, 2014,
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Possible, but why? If you are putting them in a previous guitar that you already have, you can use the switch from that.
Switches are only 10 bucks if you really dont have one.

dont really mind not being able to switch quickly between pickups enough to shell out $10 frankly.. would rather just use the 2 volumes.

diagram anyone?
I posted a link to a site with diagrams

are you getting all the rest of the electronics?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by rickyj
dont really mind not being able to switch quickly between pickups enough to shell out $10 frankly.. would rather just use the 2 volumes.

diagram anyone?

Use the switch. Unless there's some actual reason you don't want to wire them to a switch? (They were practically designed with a switch in mind.)...
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Wow, that is probably one of the most pointless things i have ever heard... like 10 bucks is not worth it on a guitar you are going to be playing after you just bought top of the line pickups.

jazz basses have identical setups.. I dont see the point in buyig the selector switch if i can have the same functionality without it.

Quote by Robbgnarly

are you getting all the rest of the electronics?

Yes, it comes with everything that would be included if you bought the pickups separately i believe.
Last edited by rickyj at May 12, 2014,
Search the diagrams on Seymour Duncan's site under Active pickups.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by roneldjr
EMG has the solderless electronics for 81's in the Accessories for around $30
They're really good about tech support too. You could call them and get some feedback from them before doing a lot of wiring blind.
http://www.emgpickups.com/top-10-wiring-diagrams

worth a shot.

If he is not willing to pay 10 bucks for a needed switch, he probably isnt going to spend 30 for that.