i ca nplay tab on guitar, but i want to learn to play chords.

whats the best way to learn them,

where do i start,

how do they work in a song compared to tablature

any other advice/tips will be great

thanks!

i'm not sure i fully understand the question, but it's pretty easy to find charts online that will show you a bunch of chords, but it may be easier to learn the basic ones that everyone learns early on (G, D, Em, A, etc., powerchords, barre chords), and then move on to different chords once you've understood how a chord is built (Root, 3rd, 5th)

As for how it works compared to tab, i really don't know what you're trying to ask. Tab is just a visual way of representing notes on the guitar without having to read music. I guess maybe you're asking what to do with chord markings above the music? Those would indicate a chord change to the chord that's written out, but that might not even be what you're asking.

EDIT: upon a quick google search i found this: http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/
Can't really speak to how easy it will be for you to use/understand since I myself never used it, but it's probably better than nothing.

(this is also all under the assumption that you're SUPER NEW to playing)
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Last edited by lespaul1216 at May 13, 2014,
Hi, I'm looking for the chords of the song sing to the Lord by Hillsong, If anyone knows and could help me I would be really happy. please help me, thanks
You guys would probably get better help if you posted this in the right forum.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Thank you anyway for your help, you will surely find me strange is that I can not find the right forum, so I desperately posted here knowing that no one can tell