Hey all, its that point in my life where I want to get a cab and a head. Im looking to spend around $800 in total for both. They dont necessarily have to be the same brand. Im looking for some suggestions that would fit that price range. I would like a 4x12 cab as well. I was looking at the new fender mustang 5 head, its running for about 250, has anyone had any experience with this?/ what would be a good complimenting cab? thanks all
what type(s) of music do you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^this

For that budget, you can do much, much better than the mustang

Also, and approximate location would be helpful to us for finding a good deal on something
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Your head is going to be more of the tone than the cab, allocate more money towards that. You can get a good used cab for like $200.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Thanks all, I play all styles of rock so I need something semi versatile. I also have access to Sam ash and guitar center near me
do you need cleans? and how heavy (distortion) does it need to get?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i would like a decent clean tone, and just heavyish, i dont plan on playing any djent anytime soon
The one thing I noticed when buying my first amp was that there were a lot of tube amps and hybrid amps. I'm no expert but it seems like the tube amps might not be the best option for versatility... Maybe a hybrid is better? Just seemed like added maintenance to me. I just thought the whole tube vs solid state thing might be worth introducing to your search.
Look at Egnater Tweaker - this thing is probably a lot more versatile than a lot of modeling amps.

If going tube you'll probably have to determine wattage.

Off the bat I'd suggest Egnater (above), Traynor, maybe an used Marshall DSL2000 or 900, Peavey JSX used or 3120/XXX/Valveking (they all have varied line of gain/cleans, but are very versatile).
Traynor Blue is a nice amp but head is around your max budget.
Carvin V3 or Legacy II is great.
Quote by link55588
i would like a decent clean tone, and just heavyish, i dont plan on playing any djent anytime soon

ok, thanks. jet city maybe?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?