Hey all,

Looking for some advice regarding an eventual amp purchase I intend to make. It's been about four years since I've picked up a guitar or paid attention to new products, so I don't know much in regards to recent amps.

What I'm looking for is an amp that has more of a British voicing, something that can do some Cream and Pink Floyd tones, with perhaps enough upside to do some Hendrix stuff. Definitely not high wattage, definitely not anything over 30. I would actually prefer something in the 15 range. No frills necessary, I would be fine with a single input, channel, a volume control, and a simple EQ. Anything above that is a luxury.
Either head or combo would be fine, but a head would be preferred. I'm totally fine with used.

My price range would be AROUND $500 USD, but this will be an amp that I will eventually plan on getting, so I can save up a bit more if need be. However, I don't feel like dropping Bad Cat money on something.

Thanks.
Check out the Marshall Class 5 if you'd do 5 watts. It does Cream and Hendrix fairly well but.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Marshall Class 5 is a contender, also Orange Tiny Terror. Hit some youtube demos on these and see what you think.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by lespaul#1
Check out the Marshall Class 5 if you'd do 5 watts. It does Cream and Hendrix fairly well but.

But what?

Thanks for the help thus far, I somehow forgot about the Tiny Terrors. I remember being pretty impressed when I tried one out all those years ago.
TTs are nice for the price, no question.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Jet City. Thank me later.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
VOX AC15C1 - enough said
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Quote by Doge_Swerve
But what?

Thanks for the help thus far, I somehow forgot about the Tiny Terrors. I remember being pretty impressed when I tried one out all those years ago.

I think I was going to say it doesn't have a lot of headroom but I'm not sure. For 5 watts it is definitely loud.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by AsOneIStand

The JCA20H is great, but not really for that. Maybe if you wanted a more saturated, smoother, and thicker classic rock sound. That being said, I would use my Jet City for any type of music because it is articulate with any amount of gain and lets the character of each guitar really shine.
I have the class 5, night train and OR15. The orange is far superior for overdriven tones, the vox is the most versatile and the Marshall is OK, but in never really bonded with it. I've owned a TT as well and like the OR15 much better.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by AsOneIStand

no. not near British voiced, and IMO over hyped and i owned a few. then ditched them.

not the solution for everhing.

----------------------------

OP look into an 18 watt clone (1974X) for reasonable quiet levels, make sure it has a PPIMV (post phase inverter master volume)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/