Just a quick recording of my friend and me jamming an original song. We haven't had much unbiased feedback and would appreciate opinions from people who won't feel the need to sugarcoat their responses.

This is basically the entire song, just without all the repeated verses/choruses/etc. Guitar solo was improved. I apologize for the poor quality. I'm currently saving up for some recording equipment.

Thank you in advance! Leave me some links to your original songs, I'd love to hear them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRaYdd7QbU
It was good but too short. No catchy riffs, but i liked the acoustic tone. And solo was well done.
And like you said bad quality, but even that you should do more videos.
Quote by vendla4
It was good but too short. No catchy riffs, but i liked the acoustic tone. And solo was well done.
And like you said bad quality, but even that you should do more videos.

I totally agree about the lack of riffs. My friend came in with the simple D C G chord prog. and I didn't want to change his song too much. I added the Bm G bridge and the A chord build up, but it's probably going to be a more lyric driven song. Something like "Free Falling" I guess since Tom Petty is one of his biggest influences.

This was actually supposed to be a test recording, that's why we only did each part once or twice. But it sounded alright and all sections of the song are therem so we went with it. We did have lyrics, but my friend moved and they were lost in the process. I think there were three verses with a chorus in-between each, so the final product will be longer.

Thank you for liking the solo! I am SO self conscious when it comes to doing original solos and it's great hearing positive things from someone other than my gf/bandmate!

And yeah, bad quality recordings have plagued me since I started playing guitar. Hopefully I'll have some actual recording equipment in the coming months instead of being reliant on my iPhone.