I picked up a used Peavey VSS 20 mini stack and one of the speakers cabinets sounds like the speaker is flopping around loose inside. How do I get to the guts? It's covered in tolex, I tried prying at the grill area but it doesn't budge.
BC Rich S.O.B
Ibanez Gio Mikro w/ D-activators
Frankenstrat
Epi LP jr
Yamaha RBX170
if you don't see any screws anywhere on the back there's a fair chance it's front-loaded. i.e. you'll have to get the grille off somehow.

before doing anything, though, could you post some pics? or even a link to it on the peavey site? (not familiar with that one)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay got it open, crazy strong Velcro holding the grill on. Looks like the magnet is sheared off of the basket. The speaker is an Eminence 55-725 10" 8 ohm. There are 2 speaker cabinets, the other works fine. Any suggestions on a replacement speaker?
BC Rich S.O.B
Frankenstrat
Epi LP jr
Yamaha RBX170
Suggestion on replacement could get you a long answer. The real question is what sound are you looking for? Most manufacturers now offer a broad spectrum from "british" to "brown" to "Metal" and "vintage". Eminence has always made good stuff (the Copperhead sounds tight) as well as celestion and such (not an ad UG police). Now is a good time to explore the sound you're looking for. You can always record each speaker individually and layer them if you every get into recording and want different sounds.
Rock/metal mostly.
BC Rich S.O.B
Frankenstrat
Epi LP jr
Yamaha RBX170
If your in the USA look at WGS speakers
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
10" might be cutting down your options for rock/metal speakers. Eminence does the ramrod, but i haven't tried it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ the Celestion 10" v30 is decent and so is the 10" greenback if you like older metal

The EVM 10L is probably the best, but you have to go used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
forgot about the 10" v30. I haven't tried it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any thoughts on the Eminence Legend 1058?
BC Rich S.O.B
Frankenstrat
Epi LP jr
Yamaha RBX170
Last edited by monkeybike at May 13, 2014,
i haven't tried it but i think it's a more vintage american-toned type speaker. jensen-ish, i think. the copperhead which was mentioned above is, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?