Page 1 of 2
Man, nostalgia is kicking me in the nuts right now. I was looking for some horror themed samples for a project and than BOOM a random clip from The Night Of The Living Dummy pops up.

I used to watch the show a lot when I was a kid, back when it aired on TV (mid 90's - early 2000's). It was THE SHIT. I remember the first time I watched it, I was like 4 years old. I almost pissed my pants lol.

Are you afraid of the dark, anyone? Another great Halloween themed show.

What's your favorite episode, and have you read all of the books?

Mine is either The Night of The Living Dummy or The Haunted Mask.

I have read EVERY book (finished them all by the 6th grade). R.L Stine is my nigga, he's definitely an influence on why I love horror movies, books, reading/writing so much.

The intro theme was kickass, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC3kue_C35g
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Say Cheese and Die was dece.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Hated hated hated Are You Afraid of the Dark because I Was Afraid of the Show. My fcking sister used to put that on against my will when she babysat me. Scared me for the rest of the night even if I wasn't watching. I could watch Goosebumps, but it was kind of a meh show. I read all the books though. Fantastic children's series.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
Hated hated hated Are You Afraid of the Dark because I Was Afraid of the Show. My fcking sister used to put that on against my will when she babysat me. Scared me for the rest of the night even if I wasn't watching. I could watch Goosebumps, but it was kind of a meh show. I read all the books though. Fantastic children's series.

This! same! My older sister used to sit me down to watch it and I would cry like a little baby. It was cheesy, it was corny, but man... it was SOOOO 90'S!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

I remember one scene from an episode of what I think was Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Some kid was being chased by a clown, hid in a closet with those slits that look kinda like blinds, and the clown bursts in the room and goes "Come out, come out wherever you are!"
Idk, kinda scary I guess.

Goosebumps was the best tho. The cover of How to Kill a Monster always scared the shit out of me. Was a big fan of the Invasion of the Body Squeezers ones.
My mom wouldn't let me read Goosebumps, but I did sometimes anyways. I'd leave them in my desk at school and read them there so she wouldn't know. I really liked the choose your own adventures ones. I didn't have cable growing up, so I only watched Are You Afraid of the Dark at friends houses, but it was super ****ing scary. The one with the haunted, secret pool was so damn scary. I watched it on Youtube recently, and it was not scary at all. And was dumb.

Lesson, don't try to relive your childhood.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
My mom wouldn't let me read Goosebumps, but I did sometimes anyways. I'd leave them in my desk at school and read them there so she wouldn't know. I really liked the choose your own adventures ones. I didn't have cable growing up, so I only watched Are You Afraid of the Dark at friends houses, but it was super ****ing scary. The one with the haunted, secret pool was so damn scary. I watched it on Youtube recently, and it was not scary at all. And was dumb.

I know exactly what you're talking about. These were the shizz. You can create your own adventure out of the various plots. I always tried to cheat when something bad would happen haha.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by lolmnt

Unless it's cartoons in which case there are adult jokes
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by institutions
I remember one scene from an episode of what I think was Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Some kid was being chased by a clown, hid in a closet with those slits that look kinda like blinds, and the clown bursts in the room and goes "Come out, come out wherever you are!"
Idk, kinda scary I guess.

Goosebumps was the best tho. The cover of How to Kill a Monster always scared the shit out of me. Was a big fan of the Invasion of the Body Squeezers ones.

Clowns always scared the crap out of me, but the fear got worse when I saw Stephen King's IT as child. Jesus...

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
Clowns always scared the crap out of me, but the fear got worse when I saw Stephen King's IT as child. Jesus...
Me too. At a friend's house. Didn't sleep for days.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by k.lainad

Dunno about as a kid, because I only saw the movie after reading the book like 5 years ago, but that shit's still scary today lol.
I still won't watch IT. Ever. Why the **** did you have to post that picture lol.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Hmmmm...somebody was lurking in the chat thread.

Honorable mention - deadsmileyface for bring this up 3 hours ago.
Quote by Trowzaa
Say Cheese and Die was dece.

i think it's hilarious how Ryan Gosling started his badass career on this show

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

I used to read the Goosebumps books and watch the show....was always great. I'd watch Are You Afraid of the Dark too. Loved it. I think Rocko's Modern Life was on after it followed by Doug.
I had the Goosebumps books. I only vaguely remember one; something about a guy living in the basement who was a plant or something? Scared the shit out of me.

EDIT: yep

What kind of parent buys horror stories for children? The fact that I still remember this book is a testament to how many nights I must have lied awake in terror.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at May 12, 2014,
I liked the goosebumps one about the alien grandma. Oh and the zombie camp.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by AeroRocker
I had the Goosebumps books. I only vaguely remember one; something about a guy living in the basement who was a plant or something? Scared the shit out of me.

I was totally JUST about to mention that! Great book and episode!
Quote by Dimarzio45
Hmmmm...somebody was lurking in the chat thread.

Honorable mention - deadsmileyface for bring this up 3 hours ago.

HOLY FUKING SHIT! i swear on my life I didn't even go into the chat thread today! THIS IS FREAKING WEIRD! I haven't been in the chat thread in like a month. Wow, just a strange coincidence, huh? After you mentioned it I strolled on over the chat thread and saw his post . really weird azz stuff is going on lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
HOLY FUKING SHIT! i swear on my life I didn't even go into the chat thread today! THIS IS FREAKING WEIRD! I haven't been in the chat thread in like a month. Wow, just a strange coincidence, huh? After you mentioned it I strolled on over the chat thread and saw his post . really weird azz stuff is going on lol

we are in a goosebumps
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by AeroRocker

Stay out of the basement was strangely very realistic. That's why it creeped me out too.

I always mix it up with Monster Blood lol.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad

LOL. It's funny because people seem to claim similar incidents with big, innovative leaps in technology that seem to happen at almost the same but spread across the world...like we're all telepathically connected. I'm not that surprised...it's pretty cool actually. I'm kinda glad I said something then. lol
Quote by Dimarzio45
LOL. It's funny because people seem to claim similar incidents with big, innovative leaps in technology that seem to happen at almost the same but spread across the world...like we're all telepathically connected. I'm not that surprised...it's pretty cool actually. I'm kinda glad I said something then. lol

ikr!?!?! strange, strange, stuff.

Anyone read American Chillers by Johnathan Rand? They were just as good (if not better written) as Goosebumps.

Chucky, anyone? lol (i read this one, creepy af)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad

I'm totally watching Goosebumps right now.
American Chillers? No, that was a series I'm not familiar with. Cool artwork though. I would've been sold on that back in the day.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I'm totally watching Goosebumps right now.

Yeah, I just youtube-searched it and was disappointed with the amount of full episodes.
Quote by Dimarzio45
American Chillers? No, that was a series I'm not familiar with. Cool artwork though. I would've been sold on that back in the day.

Yeah, nobody ever talked about them. Very under-rated. I discovered them while looking for goosebumps books at a library when I was like 12. The artwork got me hooked too. I just wished i discovered them a little earlier so I could have read the entire series before getting "too old for this"

I'm probably going to force my future kids to watch all of these 90's shows and read all of the books. I don't want them to miss out on these gems
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Last edited by k.lainad at May 13, 2014,
Page 1 of 2