I'm a big blink 182 fan and I know Tom Delonge really isn't that good of a guitar player... But, I have noticed in the years of watching him play when he plays power chords his thumb is over the neck (baseball grip) and he doesn't seem to have a problem playing power chords. His fingers aren't crooked like mine are when playing with the baseball grip style and his wrist is flat even though in the early blink days he played with the guitar down by his knees. I play with the guitar pretty low. I know it's bad technique. I'm not arguing it's not. But when I play power chords it's either with my thumb behind the neck and my wrist extremely bent which starts to get sore after a while... Or with my thumb over the neck and my fingers crooked but I can't really do it fast or very well... Anybody know how Tom plays like that? Any tips?

Yeah I've heard raise your strap or blink sucks and punk sucks play other stuff. Prefer some non biased tips or answers thanks!
Last edited by Aisle12 at May 13, 2014,
Here's a good advice, if you have a better way to do it, do it that way. Which means you gotta find a technique that doesn't hurt your wrists, and stick to it. This is done by experimenting. Also, if it gets uncomfortable, raise your strap.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
I just watched a vid of him playing live in 2000.Honestly you might need to raise your strap a little.Tom looks to have fairly long arms,If you're struggling then maybe you're just not physically built to play the guitar in that position.I myself have pretty short arms and have struggled with a low slung position when i was younger and wanted to look cool.
Raise your strap
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by EyeballPaul
I just watched a vid of him playing live in 2000.Honestly you might need to raise your strap a little.Tom looks to have fairly long arms,If you're struggling then maybe you're just not physically built to play the guitar in that position.I myself have pretty short arms and have struggled with a low slung position when i was younger and wanted to look cool.

I'm like 6'1 in shoes with lanky arms and pretty long fingers
From a fellow pop-punk guitarist, raise your strap. Seriously. Image is overrated, playing comes first.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever