Hey UG I just found a 40 dollar amazon gift card on the ground and figured I'd splurge it on a new pedal.
You see I just don't really know what to get? What do you guys think would be cool? It could be any type of effect, drive, etc.
I already own
OCD
TS9
Whammy
Crybaby
Malekko trem
NS-2
TU3
Flashback

Another note is I could spend a little more than 40 bucks if I want to.
Thanks!!!
Chorus, or a fuzz.

Edit: Or a reverb.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at May 13, 2014,
Fuzz.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
be patient. you can't get too much for $40 that is worth having on your board.

mainly a bad monkey, a joyo, or one of the GFS pedals. save and get something better.

look around something nice may pop. look on ebay for MIJ 80's boss pedals on eBay sometimes they go cheap and are generally pretty good..
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you dont know what your next pedal should be then it suggests to me you dont need another.

You dont need to collect em all, its not Pokemon you know
Just get a new cable, a couple of packs of strings and a bunch of picks.
You're going to need them sooner or later, and they'll be more useful than a low-end pedal that you'll get "just because".
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
A used big muff can be had for 40. The dano v1 cool cats are pretty sweet particularly the od's and fuzz. Other note worthy cheap pedals are the electro Harmonix soul food and the mxr dyna comp.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Linkerman
Just get a new cable, a couple of packs of strings and a bunch of picks.
You're going to need them sooner or later, and they'll be more useful than a low-end pedal that you'll get "just because".

+1.
Unless you really want/ a pedal that you don't own yet. I that case tell us what sound your after.
+1 on fuzz. or maybe a digitech screamin blues.

also +1^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by LivinJoke84
If you dont know what your next pedal should be then it suggests to me you dont need another.

You dont need to collect em all, its not Pokemon you know

This. No point spending money just for the sake of spending money, even if it is a voucher.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
well unless it expires, I suppose. sometimes they do.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How about a really nice strap that you'll have and enjoy for a long while.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
If you don't know for sure, make sure you check if there is an existing balance on the card. It could be empty...

Assuming it has forty bucks on it, I would personally go for cables, some spare picks, or maybe something nifty like straplocks if you don't have them. If you absolutely want a new pedal though, I would say go for a cheap fuzz.
extra tubes. or as consensus, the necessities.

or save it up a bit. learn how to hold onto money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Actually you could probably make a decent case for spending the gift card even if it doesn't expire- if a retailer goes bust (at least here in Europe) and you're still holding a gift certificate/credit note, you're often at the bottom of the heap when the administrators move in. They often don't even honour them if the business gets sold on or if the administrators keep it open for a little while to try to claw back some cash for the creditors.

Now, I'd be surprised if Amazon goes bust any time soon, but stranger things have happened. That's one of the reasons why I spent my MusicStore one so fast, and on stuff I didn't need that badly. I figured I was better with something that was useable or which I could sell rather than having a credit note which wasn't worth the paper it was written on.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow this thread just turned into smart asses trying to be my financial consultants. This didn't help one bit.
Quote by Nikolai-Paul
Wow this thread just turned into smart asses trying to be my financial consultants. This didn't help one bit.

I always find I'm super-cautious with other people's money. If i had the gift card I'd have it spent so fast the ink wouldn't have dried on it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Nikolai-Paul

you are asking a stupid question "what should i buy" without even knowing what you need.

you got the "financial consultants" because 95% of the shit at that price level for pedals when it comes to tone, reliability, and personal taste.

i posted twice. here was my first.

be patient. you can't get too much for $40 that is worth having on your board.

mainly a bad monkey, a joyo, or one of the GFS pedals. save and get something better.

look around something nice may pop. look on ebay for MIJ 80's boss pedals on eBay sometimes they go cheap and are generally pretty good..

if you were to look you probably could find 30 different pedals IN YOUR RANGE from my post. there are reliability issues sometimes on the joyos and GFS. you can pretty much get anything commonly knocked off in that range.

then i said to look for 80's boss pedals MIJ. if you can find them they are good.

when i said "be patient" means wait for the right thing. only YOU know what YOU want, you didn't help us to help you a whole ton.

second post of mine was necessities that everybody should have. tubes and some of the other things.

if this didn't help you at all.

Don't bother to post.

and a **** off from me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Nikolai-Paul

Speaking as someone who suggested you wait until you can afford something you actually need, I'm going to agree with this:
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Don't bother to post.

and a **** off from me.

The best advice is to not buy something cheap that you don't need. Buy something worth having when you need it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Just buy something that you can return for cash and donate the money to a local animal shelter. Imo that sounds better than a random $40 pedal.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Nikolai-Paul

Wow, you just revealed yourself as a major douchebag.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
you are asking a stupid question "what should i buy" without even knowing what you need.

you got the "financial consultants" because 95% of the shit at that price level for pedals when it comes to tone, reliability, and personal taste.

(...)

when i said "be patient" means wait for the right thing. only YOU know what YOU want, you didn't help us to help you a whole ton.

second post of mine was necessities that everybody should have. tubes and some of the other things.

Don't bother to post.

and a **** off from me.

+3,1415

I make trashedlostfdup's words mine as well.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Nikolai-Paul

Ok then, just go buy any old shit, say, another dirt pedal i dunno. Wont take you long to realise youd have been better saving the money to put toward something better.

See you in about 6 months when youre asking the same question again. Maybe next time you'll listen
Quote by Nikolai-Paul

Charming attitude
Quote by Nikolai-Paul
You people are all literally ******ed. UG sucks dick. I'm out

AMF !
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75