I'm fairly new to guitars and at the moment have a Vintage v100 LP,im looking at buying a small 10/15w amp for the spare bedroom but dont really want to spend more than £150, i'd like one that would suit the style of music i listen to which is , Paul Weller, The Who, OCS, oasis, motorhead, Ska and punk...any suggestions???
Cube. Most musical of the ultra-cheap amps.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Yeap, Cube would my choice as well. Cheap, easy to use, versatile and it actually sounds pretty good.
I prefer the Vox Valvetronix series to the Cubes, the newer VT+ was awesome, Id look into those.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Cubes and Vox are always at the top of my list, but there are a lot of versatile "modeling" amps out there like Peavey & Line6 that make great practie amp.
Also TS, see if you can find a used Line 6 Flextone. Super awesome amp.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
As others already said, Fender Mustang, Vox Valvetronix and Roland Cube are all solid amps.

Another good option would be the Peavey Vypyr.

Quote by dementiacaptain
Also TS, see if you can find a used Line 6 Flextone. Super awesome amp.

Yep, the Flextone amps were great.

Just stay away from the Line 6 Spider amps. They sound awful.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at May 13, 2014,
All of the Cubes sound pretty good. No experience with a baby Blackstar.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
i haven't tried the blackstar.

i'd have said the vox valvetronix was better for the tones you want than the cube, but i haven't tried the most recent generation of modellers, and there may well have been something which has superseded it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Another vote for the box valvetronix. Love mine. My son (12) has pinched it though!