Page 1 of 3
So we were discussing what to wear for our school jazz concert the day before and everybody in my band said "I want to wear a fedora!" At first I cringed but then I thought that maybe I'm the odd one out. What do you think? Are fedoras cool/good/appropriate for being in jazz concerts?

PS: Either way I'm not wearing one, I personally think they are lame.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Don't mind other's opinions, live your life by the way of the heart.

*tips fedora*

ps: Fedora are lame.
Question: do you look like Leonard Cohen?
If no, don't wear a fedora. If yes, don't wear a fedora.
superman is killing himself tonight
I wore a fedora once. I was playing guitar with this band and I thought it would look cool. However, my wife helped me realize otherwise...

The hat was too small for my head anyway.
Quote by Dimarzio45
They are never appropriate.

Pretty much this.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
There is nothing lamer than a big band wearing fedoras.

xD can it use that I'm my sig?

Should I tell them or would that make me seem like I am controlling them and look like a dick?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Last edited by 457undead at May 13, 2014,
fedoras are stupid as **** and always look terrible, but the bull shit surrounding them is as played out as bronies/furries at this point.
Quote by 457undead
xD can it use that I'm my sig?

Should I tell them or would that make me seem like I am controlling them and look like a dick?

Yeah go nuts.

And if you wear the fedoras, you guys will seriously look back in like two years and be like, "why in the fuck did we think that was cool?"
Quote by PUNKROCKANARCHY
Fedoras are only acceptable if you're in Reel Big Fish. Or some other goofy ska band.

Goofy ska bands aren't appropriate anymore
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Wear a dark colored jacket and a bright colored tie, like baby blue, hot white, or neon green. It's classic, and almost always looks good.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Baby Joel
Question: do you look like Leonard Cohen?
If no, don't wear a fedora. If yes, don't wear a fedora.

I support this post because Leonard Cohen is the only person in the world who can wear a fedora and still be cooler than anyone else will ever be
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by vayne92
Fedora's are appropriate ALL THE TIME.

I knew you would come out and say that
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Are you Al Capone reincarnated? If you are then go for it and smuggle some booze into the concert with you. If not then disown your band and you should probably kill yourself for even contemplating the idea.
Was it this that inadvertently brought back the fedora?

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
Was it this that inadvertently brought back the fedora?

no dorks loved them long before that
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
nah it's a pretty standard thing. nerds who don't fit today's standards of masculinity (bronies, etc) and don't reject it outright (which is what we should all do) instead adopt a counter standard by looking back in american history and attempting to conform to that. the reason it's so laughable is because these nerds claim to be above everyone in their new standards of masculinity but fail to be above the concept of masculinity in the first place.

pathetic really. victims of the patriarchy
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by lolmnt
no dorks loved them long before that

it reminds them of a time when misogyny was still widely accepted and encouraged
blame michael jackson for the fedora
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Oh god now they're all saying they are bringing sunglasses too
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Nope, jazz musicians don't really wear fedoras or hats.

You know what would be appropriate? Following the chord changes correctly and being aware of the ensemble. I've yet to see a grade school jazz band do these.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by 457undead

Inform them all that none of you are the Blues Brothers. Therefore, none of you should ever be caught with sunglasses AND a fedora.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Inform them all that none of you are the Blues Brothers. Therefore, none of you should ever be caught with sunglasses AND a fedora.

Yeah because they aren't on a mission from god.
Quote by 457undead

If you don't get a good picture together and then post it here to be shoop'd, you're done.
The only man who makes wearing a fedora look acceptable?

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by Xiaoxi
Nope, jazz musicians don't really wear fedoras or hats.

You know what would be appropriate? Following the chord changes correctly and being aware of the ensemble. I've yet to see a grade school jazz band do these.

Or scatting.

be be be doo da doo de doo zap zap zap
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by institutions
If you don't get a good picture together and then post it here to be shoop'd, you're done.

What the hell, why not. I'll ask my mommy if she can take one later tonight when it starts.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Page 1 of 3