Page 1 of 2
People who have left High School and Uni, did you keep in touch with people from your course?

If yes, or no, how did you make friends afterwards beside work?
I'm in uni but I still keep in touch with some school friends via Facebook. I also have friends from the various places I've worked, the gym, and volunteer organizations, in addition to random people I've met in various places
cat
I didn't go to uni, but I still keep in touch with my old college friends and other friends who are at uni at the moment.

I don't make new friends
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I keep in contact with the people I liked from school, some of them I'm still very good friends with and meet up with regularly.

Similarly, when I finish Uni, I'll keep in contact with the friends who I am closest with.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
No. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the handful of dudes I've known since I was born. I've moved around a lot since then and wasn't that close to anyone in high school anyway.

I do keep up with a guy from my EMT class, but that's mostly because we worked together.
I keep in touch with both, but it's not long since I've finished uni so I guess time will tell.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
yes. A far few. Like 5ish out of 80ish?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I only keep in touch with a few people from uni. Where as I've stayed in touch with loads of people from school.
1 friend from high school. None from college. Really didn't make any friends there anyways. I was 10 to 15 years older than most of my classmates. About 20 or so friends I was in the army with. Lots of friends around where I live now. Some from bowling. Some parents of my kids friends. Some met at bars and from jams. Do not have any friends from work either. Makes life complicated when or if they fuck up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Keep in touch with a handful via facebook & occasional see concerts with them, actually ended up working with one of them.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
About to lose my friends from college when I go to uni
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Philip_pepper
People who have left High School and Uni, did you keep in touch with people from your course?

I'm still friends with my friends from High School. We still get together very often for holidays, birthdays, etc.
Last Saturday, for example, we had dinner together simply because we wanted to.

As far as University friends go, I talk to them by phone/sms/Facebook, but I don't have the same connection with them as I have with my friends from High School.
I bump into some of them once in a while in court, though, and we'll have lunch together to reminisce about our times at law uni.

Quote by Philip_pepper
If yes, or no, how did you make friends afterwards beside work?

By talking with people. At stores, at bars, at my band's shows... Or when my friends bring their friends to hang out...
There are lots of opportunities to make new friends, all the time.

EDIT:
Quote by Nero Galon
About to lose my friends from college when I go to uni

It doesn't have to be like that.
As I said at the beginning of my post, I'm still friends with my High School friends, and it's been 10 years since we finished High School. If you're true friends, you'll find a way to get together all the time.
Even if not everyone is always present, if you at least maintain a "core group", the others will want to be around whenever their schedule allows them.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at May 13, 2014,
Quote by Linkerman
I'm still friends with my friends from High School. We still get together very often for holidays, birthdays, etc.
Last Saturday, for example, we had dinner together simply because we wanted to.

As far as University friends go, I talk to them by phone/sms/Facebook, but I don't have the same connection with them as I have with my friends from High School.
I bump into some of them once in a while in court, though, and we'll have lunch together to reminisce about our times at law uni.

By talking with people. At stores, at bars, at my band's shows... Or when my friends bring their friends to hang out...
There are lots of opportunities to make new friends, all the time.

Ah, see, but you live in Portugal.

In my experience people in southern Europe go out more because you've got more cafes and restaurants and the sun is almost always out. It's way easier than up here, where transportation sucks and is expensive and it rains and like a mofo so you'd rather stay inside.

When I went to Spain last year I met a shit ton of interesting people just by going outside and talking to people. Here, it takes way longer to get to that level.

Hence why I'm leaving!
Out of all the courses, high school, collage, and places I work, I tend to lose contact with people almost immediately afterwards.

I tend to just really communicate with the same few people I always have done, and I met them outside of any of those places. There is only one guy from collage that I see somewhat regularly, and that's just because we happen to drink in the same places otherwise we wouldn't.
With people you meet in those places, it seems more like you're forced to be 'friends' because you're both going to be there regularly anyway rather than because you 'click'.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
I'm still in college and it's getting increasingly hard to keep contact with friends. Most of them moved very far away and I only see when they come back to town. My best friend though I see 3 - 4 times a week because he still lives in town and visits me a lot and we go to the beach a lot for surfing and shit. Really wish I could see my other friends more though, but I guess that' s life.
Kinda, but my town is small so.

And Philip. I will always be your friend no matter what.
xoxoxo.
Quote by KingChris90
Kinda, but my town is small so.

And Philip. I will always be your friend no matter what.
xoxoxo.

Ew.

Faggit.

Just kidding bro. You're the Troy to my Abed.
Quote by Linkerman

EDIT:

It doesn't have to be like that.
As I said at the beginning of my post, I'm still friends with my High School friends, and it's been 10 years since we finished High School. If you're true friends, you'll find a way to get together all the time.
Even if not everyone is always present, if you at least maintain a "core group", the others will want to be around whenever their schedule allows them.

The thing is, my core group of friends I have now, its only very recently that i've started to spend time with them. I enjoy being with them, and am sad that we won't be a group anymore, but I think the reality is that I am the outsider of the group. Most of them have been lifelong friends with each other whereas i'm kinda the new guy (having lost all friends from school).
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Whenever I go back to Hertford our group of like 20 odd from secondary school days will all get out at least one night of each holiday
I don't see anyone from Uni. I didn't really like anyone at the time anyway.

I occasionally see friends from school.

I have work friends, but I don't see them that often outside of work either.

I spend most of my time with my GF.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by link no1
Out of all the courses, high school, collage, and places I work, I tend to lose contact with people almost immediately afterwards.

Probably because you can't spell their names.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Had for some time. High school friends we'd meet up for all holidays, Christmas, New Years etc for like 10 years. But it gradually diminishes. It's like that. Those of you who have served in the military, know that there you make some of the closest friendships ever, that you'd expect to last a lifetime - but to find that once finished, you probably never talked to them again. Strange, these things. Society is huge and people move around, get new hobbies, get married. It's quite rare to have decade+ long friendships.
I went to college in a different city so its hard to, especially since most of my classmates were from different towns too. It was cool though last two months my band went on tour and in almost every city, ones I had never been to, I knew at least a few people. Had friends in London, Toronto, Guelph, Barrie, Hamilton, *******er, and Montreal come out.

I still regularly chill with a group of 7-8 guys from high school. Only one of drifted away. We didnt really talk the years I was away in college but when I came back it was like no time had passed, and they were my go to friends to chill with.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
*******er lol
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Philip_pepper
Ah, see, but you live in Portugal.

In my experience people in southern Europe go out more because you've got more cafes and restaurants and the sun is almost always out. It's way easier than up here, where transportation sucks and is expensive and it rains and like a mofo so you'd rather stay inside.

When I went to Spain last year I met a shit ton of interesting people just by going outside and talking to people. Here, it takes way longer to get to that level.

Hence why I'm leaving!

I wouldn't say that weather has a part on that, because even during the worst Winter times we hang out extremely often.

It's more of a cultural thing, probably. From what I've seen, we're a more open people, more extroverted than people of the north. Also, we're more welcoming.

But what definitely contributes to that is the fact that I live in a small-ish city (population of 11.261) where you always find someone you know, anywhere.

Quote by Nero Galon
The thing is, my core group of friends I have now, its only very recently that i've started to spend time with them. I enjoy being with them, and am sad that we won't be a group anymore, but I think the reality is that I am the outsider of the group. Most of them have been lifelong friends with each other whereas i'm kinda the new guy (having lost all friends from school).

They'll probably stick together afterwards, and if they do, you'll still be able to be with them.
And those kinds of groups tend to change with time, anyway. Some people leave, new people join.

Right now, the group of friends that I hang out the most with is a mix of people that I've been friends with for a really long time (more than 10 years), people they've been friends with for a really long time, and people we've met more recently, but they're awesome people so it feels like we've been friends forever.

You'll find a way to keep contact with the people who are important to you.
And even if you, for some reason, absolutely have to cease contact with them for a while, when you reconnect it'll be like not a day passed, as someone else already mentioned in this thread.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by willT08
Whenever I go back to Hertford our group of like 20 odd from secondary school days will all get out at least one night of each holiday

so they are all basically waiting for whenever you're back?

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Linkerman
I wouldn't say that weather has a part on that, because even during the worst Winter times we hang out extremely often.

Your winters are the equivalent of Scottish summers.
Kept in touch with some people from High School. Basically see none of the people from my Bachelor or Master anymore.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
No I didn't.

And I don't have friends now.

Jk, I have some acquaintances I chill with at the bar I've met at open jam and stuff like that. But otherwise, no I don't really have any close friends ATM.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Neo Evil11
Kept in touch with some people from High School. Basically see none of the people from my Bachelor or Master anymore.

How come?
Quote by Philip_pepper
How come?

Went to different universities, or they took a year longer and just didn't see them anymore.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
TS, I'll be your friend after uni

(´・ω・`)

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
TS, I'll be your friend after uni

(´・ω・`)

Sorry.

I don't agree with your choice of automobiles.
psych

I'd never want you as a friend

hahahahahahahhaa

*drives away in the bimmer while it kicks up water all over TS*

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Moved country after finishing school (like, high school) so staying in touch with people was hard. Still keep up with a few closer friends. Fucking hated most of the people at uni though, I only really keep in touch with a very select few.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Moved country after finishing school (like, high school) so staying in touch with people was hard. Still keep up with a few closer friends. Fucking hated most of the people at uni though, I only really keep in touch with a very select few.

Why'd you hate them?

Quote by Xiaoxi
psych

I'd never want you as a friend

hahahahahahahhaa

*drives away in the bimmer while it kicks up water all over TS*

You are the opposite of batman.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at May 13, 2014,
Quote by Philip_pepper
Why'd you hate them?

It was mostly down to conflicting personalities - I hated dicks, and they were dicks.

I don't know really, I'm normally quite amicable around people but for some reason almost everyone I met at uni completely rubbed me the wrong way.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Page 1 of 2