I'm replacing the pickups in my second/spare guitar.
Been looking around and come down to 2 that I like for the neck slot. The two being either the Bare Knuckle Mothers Milk Single Coil or the Seymore Duncan Cool Rails for strat.

The other two slots are single shape for the middle and humbucker shape for the bridge.
My question is this:
Is it best to go with the same make for the full set (neck, middle, bridge) or is it ok to mix and match?
And if you do go with the same make for the full set, does it matter which ones you put together. This is more aimed at the Duncan pickups as there's loads.

Cheers in advance.
you don't have to use the same brand for all the pickups. But players often use all the same brand and brands often advise pickups which go together, so their sets are often more of a "known quantity". That's not to say you can't get good results from mixing and matching brands. (Different brands often use different colour schemes for their wires so you have to bear that in mind if mixing and matching.)

Yeah you absolutely have to worry about which specific pickups you put together, even if from the one brand. Far more so than worrying about mixing and matching brands.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah it's probably a combination of outputs which will "work" together and also the type of tone(s) you're going for. And also the guitar they're going in and what amp you use.

So yeah if you can tell us that type information that would help a lot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?