Any thoughts on the products these guys offer? Especially their pickups and solder-less electronics. Quality value priced stuff or cheap crap?
I've mostly gotten perfectly good stuff from them, but it is super cheap and not everything has been great. It's all functional but the quality on some of the hardware is shoddy. The pickups and electronics seem to be decent, though, haven't heard many complaints about them. I haven't had any issues with electronics from them and people seem to like their pickups for the price.
Their pickups are nice and cheap. if your on a budget you can't beat them. I have nothing but good experiences with them
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have bought several sets of their Retrotron pickups and like them a lot, and the two lots of active tone controls I got were good, apart from a minor mistake in the order - wrong blend pot. I would certainly buy from them again, but I wouldn't get any of their bargain basement stuff. - reports on their cheap pickups have been mixed.
Quote by columbiar
Any thoughts on the products these guys offer? Especially their pickups and solder-less electronics. Quality value priced stuff or cheap crap?

If you're asking about the 'RedActive' pickups with the solder-less connections, they're top-notch. I recently put one in one of my guitars and was blown away. It drives like an EMG, but has a rounder tone like a passive pickup. I used EMG solder-less pots in my install, but I hear that the GFS ones are good.

Here are a couple short clips:
https://soundcloud.com/derfc/ra-p
https://soundcloud.com/derfc/rasolo

Actually, I've tried a LOT of GFS pickups and have only been disappointed by a couple; some of them have become my go-to pickups, particularly the following:

VEH
RedActive RL102/ 106
Mean90
Dream180
Surf90
The only problem I've had with stuff that GFS has sent me (and I've ordered a lot of stuff from them), is I ordered a couple of roller string trees from them once, and one of the string trees didn't have the hole drilled out for the mounting screw. So I couldn't use them.

The same thing happened with a set of tuners I ordered from GuitarPartsOnline, one of the tuners didn't have the hole for the string drilled out in it. Luckily the set I was replacing those tuners with had a couple that weren't too bad, so I could re-use one of them.
I've ordered a ton of stuff from GFS over the years. Pickups, pickguards, tuning heads, pedals, tremelos, nuts, bridges, strings, cords, etc etc ....and even a guitar.

I've been pleased with every single order. They once made a mistake but corrected it quickly.

Don't expect the quality of parts to be the same as Made in USA or Made in England. But the quality to cost ratio is quite high IMO.