Hey all,

I was hoping UG could recommend me a good rechargeable battery power supply for powering my pedalboard.

Goal being something I can take to play live in an open mic setting with and get me through the night without recharging, and will power a chain of 5+ pedals. I want to be able to get on stage fast, plug my guitar and pedals in to the PA/amp, turn on the battery power, and play.

Anyone got suggestions? I've tried amazon and musiciansfriend, and maybe I've just overlooked some.

Thanks
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
i am not sure there is much out there like that.

you couldn't just get a 1 spot? $30 all you need.

or get rechargeable 9v's and charge before you go? then at the end of the night go home and pop them into a charger.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Pedaltrain volto
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Pedaltrain volto

damn nice. i may pick up one of those.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
The guy I play with has a sanyo pedal juice and it is awesome. Unfortunately they are out of production and hard to find. I have a one spot I use at home but I'm trying to avoid having to plug in at the bar. I'm surprised more companies haven't made something like this.

The pedal train volto looks like it's the same thing but isn't getting very good reviews. Can someone testify on it?

http://us.sanyo.com/Pedal-Juice
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
Last edited by warlockking at May 14, 2014,
Quote by warlockking
The guy I play with has a sanyo pedal juice and it is awesome. Unfortunately they are out of production and hard to find. I have a one spot I use at home but I'm trying to avoid having to plug in at the bar. I'm surprised more companies haven't made something like this.

The pedal train volto looks like it's the same thing but isn't getting very good reviews. Can someone testify on it?

http://us.sanyo.com/Pedal-Juice

totally understand that. one of the last gigs i did had only like two plugs on the whole stage which were either taken up already from my guitarist and bass, and monitors, lights, etc.

i learned something a long time ago, get a 20' extension cord and get a powerstrip to the end. with that you will never have issues with finding a plug. just make sure somebody doesn't try to take it with them...

i know that isn't really ideal, but you gotta play so sometimes you have to get over irritating little issues.

back on topic i don't know why more are doing this. or maybe its not caught on yet or some people were trying to pull too mA's out of it. and keep in mind over time, batteries last less as time passes it matters on the chemistry and how they charge, and how they are used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Pedaltrain volto

Yep. That.

Personally i dont see a huge advantage to it. You still have to plug your amp in so cant go wireless. In for a penny....

As for not having enough sockets to plug stuff in, if youre turning up to a gig without a couple of four-ways then you should just quit the band. Its gigging 101
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at May 15, 2014,
^some pedals get really noisy when you use an external power supply rather than batteries, it is a particularly big problem with fuzz pedals. Some pedals with a high current draw don't give you the option of using a standard 9v so you have to either deal with extra line noise, or use an external battery.

I made my own 9.6v rechargeable battery out of 8 D cells in series. Powers my whole pedal board including things like my boss rc-300 and lasts for months between charges.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at May 15, 2014,
Have you considered getting something like a Zoom G3/5? They include all the effects someone may need, including amp sims. They can be powered by battery and have a dedicated output for feeding direct into a PA system.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud