So, I don't know exactly what sub-genre Lamb of God falls under although I read "Groove metal" with elements of "metalcore" (don't understand the "with elements of" thing either), but does anyone know of any other song with a part more hardcore than Randy Blythe beginning the breakdown with "SEE WHO GIVES A ****!" followed by a huge amount of bass punching you in the face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oVW8gcse4g

At 2:16
check out these breakdowns. heavy shit and i dont listen to deathcore except for all shall perish.

http://youtu.be/A2ohhJEWG1U
esp ltd ec 1000 vb
schecter blackjack atx c -1 aged white
prs se singlecut fully modded

peavey 5150 combo celestion hot 100 speakers
I don't like breakdowns, only a few Pantera ones since they pretty much started it in the first place. Domination has a legendary breakdown.
Quote by muffinduck01
Yeah......

Nothing wakes you up faster then that feeling of warm shit where it shouldn't be.

Quote by T7E
Bumpety

My GF just rammed my butt hole for like 10 minutes with a lubed up drumstick
I guess you're looking for ''impressive'' breakdowns?
I don't list my favorite breakdowns (there's so much more to music, really) but I like that one
august burns red - crusades (it starts at 1:00 but you got to hear the build up to really feel the depth of the breakdown)

But you probably already heard this track their's nothing underground here.
Last edited by Craziork at May 14, 2014,
Quote by kiwiug
I don't like breakdowns, only a few Pantera ones since they pretty much started it in the first place. Domination has a legendary breakdown.

same here.. not a fan of breakdowns cept for pantera...

Domination's ending is the father of all breakdowns.. its what started the ripple effect..
i've been with people who arent metal fans, who started headbanging when that shit came on

oh apart from that theres also nervous breakdowns and other types of breakdowns.. which are cool... but probably not for the person going through em..
Last edited by The SoundGuy at May 14, 2014,
This thread man... this thread...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by oxymoronicman
What are you, 14?

Close. 19. I don't listen to anything much heavier than that. But close-minded dumb ****s like you can just keep listening to your underground shit because you're all so badass
Quote by Craziork
I guess you're looking for ''impressive'' breakdowns?
I don't list my favorite breakdowns (there's so much more to music, really) but I like that one
august burns red - crusades (it starts at 1:00 but you got to hear the build up to really feel the depth of the breakdown)

But you probably already heard this track their's nothing underground here.

I like this one
You should probably just look in the mid 2000's metalcore scene. It was full of stuff like this.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Breakdowns. The cancer of heavy music.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by Curtis321
I love it.

You're part of the problem.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Break-ups. The cancer of heavy music.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Ugh. What the hell, man? That OP breakdown was just... No.

And stop calling Lamb of God "-core" anything. They're just groove metal (a la Pantera, Machine Head, Gojira, etc.).
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ugh. What the hell, man? That OP breakdown was just... No.

And stop calling Lamb of God "-core" anything. They're just groove metal (a la Pantera, Machine Head, Gojira, etc.).

lamb of god... groove?

i dont think you got the right definition of "groove" my friend.
unless u mean it as "an established routine or habit" for example..

making un-groovy records is a routine groove for lamb of god.

and classifying them to the likes of pantera is like spitting in the grave of dime. uncool dude. uncool.

now im not one who has to classify every type of music into a genre.. but LoG definitely aint "groovy" not hating on them. used to like them at some point. but just not groove.