i am looking for something to put on my shopping list. these are two things i have interest in and have for a while.

budget is not an issue to a certain extent, i have a ton of stuff i need and i just spent about two grand on my two telecasters.and i need to get some pickups a quad of KT88's, and a set of pickups for one tele, and a prestige ibby... etc etc etc.

the first is a tremolo, i really like the demo's of the Voodoo Lab 4 knob tremolo. it seems flexible and i like being able to change the wave form, etc. i have a voodoo lab proctavia and microvibe and am happy with both. so it seems that is what i am thinking, but i would like to hear some recs. don't want to pay more than $150 used.

second is a cheaper or might not be. MXR blue box. two octaves down and fuzz. its kind of interesting. my concern (likely stupid lol) is the low frequency hard on speakers? i like the sound, BUT... i don't really like MXR. they are a little on the noisy side in general and the knobs are big and i alter settings on the pedal with my foot sometimes hitting the switch.

is there really anything comparable to the blue box besides a micro-pog which would be my favor possibly.

_______

one more thing, the proctavia and blue box together, what would it sound like. fuzz and octave up in addition to a fuzz two octaves down? fuzzy, but what about tone?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a boss TR-2, and while the depth knob sucks, it's a musical sounding tremolo. The Electro Harmonix Pulsar is also really good/versatile and is an absolute steal financially. As for octave boxes, you could try a vox trike fuzz (it has a 2 octave down feature IIRC), but it's a bit pricey like many octave pedals with that capability.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
For trem, have you seen the new TC mini pedals? I think they now a mini tremolo with the tone print stuff on it. Other than that I know nothing else I am afraid :/
Suhr rabbit for the tremolo.

What do you mean by "are the low frequencies hard on speakers?"?
You'll not damage them nor you'll hear much of them with 12" guitar speakers if that's what you were asking.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Suhr rabbit for the tremolo.

What do you mean by "are the low frequencies hard on speakers?"?
You'll not damage them nor you'll hear much of them with 12" guitar speakers if that's what you were asking.

The low frequencies *would* be hard on the speakers if you had enough power to output those frequencies at high levels, but that's not the case. You're not going to hear the actual frequencies from guitar speakers (most don't actually reproduce much below 110Hz or so, and 82Hz is your low E in standard tuning). Instead, you hear a pattern of harmonics that "indicate" the lower tones.
Quote by Spambot_2
1. Suhr rabbit for the tremolo.

2. What do you mean by "are the low frequencies hard on speakers?"?

1. damn, thanks for the recommendation on the Suhr rabbit. does all i want and more and time subdivisions and even has tap tempo. cool. i think i am sold on it.

2. i just wasn't sure that two octaves lower would be alright at a giggable for loud usage say at most extreme a gig with no mic'ing the amps. i didn't really think of the where the power is going. thanks.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by Powersurge213
For trem, have you seen the new TC mini pedals? I think they now a mini tremolo with the tone print stuff on it. Other than that I know nothing else I am afraid :/

TC makes some nice stuff, but i try to keep my rig as far from the computer as i can. may sound stupid, but thats just me.

thank you for mentioning them though
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
as far as the octaver goes, would a micro pog do the job good and track fast enough? i don't need fuzz with it. if i want fuzz i have a fuzz pedal or two if i felt like it.

what is the consensus on the Blue Box? quality, things it doesn't do that you would prefer or things you like?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
^ I'd like the fuzz to sound more squashed, but that's how I like fuzzes.
I'd also like it to be able to go down just one octave.

As for the pog, I'm sorry but I don't really know shit about it.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
1. damn, thanks for the recommendation on the Suhr rabbit. does all i want and more and time subdivisions and even has tap tempo. cool. i think i am sold on it.

Make a demo and/or a review when you get it, I wanna know how it sounds in real life.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I looked into the Blue Box a while back and was told (can't remember by who, but a regular here) it was basically too unpredictable to do a whole lot with. Fun, but generally not very useful...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
If you play even moderately fast, the slow-ish tracking of the POG can be annoying. On the other hand, stacked between two fuzzes it can sound very nice for blue box-esque solos. And thanks for reminding me I also need a quad of KT88's too... $$$hit
Quote by tubetime86
I looked into the Blue Box a while back and was told (can't remember by who, but a regular here) it was basically too unpredictable to do a whole lot with. Fun, but generally not very useful...

Thanks. I really didn't find how it fell into a rig in which was decently recorded so I really do not know for sure of its worth it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by 7thString
If you play even moderately fast, the slow-ish tracking of the POG can be annoying. On the other hand, stacked between two fuzzes it can sound very nice for blue box-esque solos. And thanks for reminding me I also need a quad of KT88's too... $$$hit

The tracking would be useless for the pog
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
There's nothing really like the Blue Box. It's really cheap and easy to do simple mods to so there's no real market for blue box clones. The closest approximations in the boutique world are the Catalinbread Perseus, which is less weird/glitchy, and the Midfi Glitch Computer which is harder to find than Carmen Sandiego.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

sorry I meant micro pog. not sure what you meant here^. I was replying to your question of whether or not the micro pog would track fast enough
Quote by 7thString
sorry I meant micro pog. not sure what you meant here^. I was replying to your question of whether or not the micro pog would track fast enough

i got you right. Micro pog and tracking speed. No worries
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
The closest approximations in the boutique world are the Catalinbread Perseus...

Now THERE is a pedal that roxxors my soxxors! That and their Echorec are high in my G.A.S. list.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The old Pearl Octaver and FoxRox Octroj are fun. Both clocked D flip flops for the octave down like Blue Box, just without the fuzz. And they've got octave up. They track about as well as the Blue Box though, as in, slowly and not all that great with chords. The POG tracks much better, but it's still slowish and a bit lo-fi. Eventide Pitch Factor can be had under $300 used, and tracks very well, but it's got a million different options you might not want and probably don't need.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The old Pearl Octaver and FoxRox Octroj are fun. Both clocked D flip flops for the octave down like Blue Box, just without the fuzz. And they've got octave up. They track about as well as the Blue Box though, as in, slowly and not all that great with chords. The POG tracks much better, but it's still slowish and a bit lo-fi. Eventide Pitch Factor can be had under $300 used, and tracks very well, but it's got a million different options you might not want and probably don't need.

thanks, i completely forgot about evintide. its more than i really want to spend, but it would do more things better.

my other thought is a mobius? it seems really cool and seems to do just about anything. its up there in price.

what are your thoughts on the mobius?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by mmolteratx
The old Pearl Octaver and FoxRox Octroj are fun. Both clocked D flip flops for the octave down like Blue Box, just without the fuzz. And they've got octave up. They track about as well as the Blue Box though, as in, slowly and not all that great with chords. The POG tracks much better, but it's still slowish and a bit lo-fi.
Eventide Pitch Factor can be had under $300 used
, and tracks very well, but it's got a million different options you might not want and probably don't need.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
thanks, i completely forgot about evintide. its more than i really want to spend, but it would do more things better.

my other thought is a mobius? it seems really cool and seems to do just about anything. its up there in price.

what are your thoughts on the mobius?

Quote by Ippon

polking on what? mobius or eventide?

dammit ipppn, you gotta get me on something good AFTER i lay out cash on something else. this time it was a USA standard strat, then a 1996 American Deluxe Plus 2 (i love lace sensors) and several grand on a piano. haha.

edit: i am happy with the above purchases though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at May 17, 2014,
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Is there anything that tracks faster? The mooer pure octave looks ok (all I want it to do is oct up and down at the same time and track fast) I dont even care if its glitchy.