Hello,
I made this video "Enjoy!"

Video:
http://youtu.be/ui6j-j1jXcE

From one angle everything looks perfectly normally until you see the balls rolling uphill. When you change the angle
of the camera you see that the roof are not as they appeared.

Template:

Last edited by anri1 at May 16, 2014,
That's some pretty cool stuff you got goin' on there.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
It is not mathematically. I tried many times and I had many errors. I worked on that about five days. On the end I am done.

Sorry of my english.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Was it mathematicaly worked out or was it worked out by trial and error?

if you're familiar with some basic linear algebra then the mathematics for perspective is pretty simple. idk about deriving this illusion though. if i feel compelled i might write up a solution.
i don't know why i feel so dry
That's pretty sweet. For some reason it reminds me of these awesome ground illusion paintings I see on facebook a lot now, like this one:

Quote by Hardlycore
That's pretty sweet. For some reason it reminds me of these awesome ground illusion paintings I see on facebook a lot now, like this one:

That's because it works in a very similar way. It relies on one parrticular perspective to see the illusion.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
That's because it works in a very similar way. It relies on one parrticular perspective to see the illusion.

I'm just appalled that people can nail that angle so well though. Like, I can't imagine creating one from the start.
Quote by Hardlycore
I'm just appalled that people can nail that angle so well though. Like, I can't imagine creating one from the start.

It's actualy pretty easy.
People who create that kind of street art, (Julian Beever is probably the best known for it) use a projection technique called 'anamorphosis' to achieve it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
It's actualy pretty easy.
People who create that kind of street art, (Julian Beever is probably the best known for it) use a projection technique called 'anamorphosis' to achieve it.

It's easy if your talented and practiced for years to be able to paint like that... xD
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
It's easy if your talented and practiced for years to be able to paint like that... xD

If you can trace an image, then you can create that kind of art using a projector.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
If you can trace an image, then you can create that kind of art using a projector.

Yeah, this is how I'd do it.

Project the image from the POV you want to end up with on any non-flat surface and just paint over what's projected.
I doubt that's how street artists do it, but it would be pretty easy.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Yeah, this is how I'd do it.

Project the image from the POV you want to end up with on any non-flat surface and just paint over what's projected.
I doubt that's how street artists do it, but it would be pretty easy.

Yeah, that's the simplest way of doing it, but most street artists who use the 'anamorphosis' technique actualy use a tripod with a viewfinder, to ensure they can keep viewing their piece from the same exact angle while they are creating it. They start by using tape or rope on the ground to rough out the basic shape of the piece, all the while returning to their viewfinder to see how it looks and adjusting it here and there until they are happy with the basic shape, which will look distorted from any other angle.

Once the basic shape is marked out, they begin filling in the details, usualy with coloured chalk, all the while repeatedly checking through the viewfinder to make sure they are getting it right. If they make any mistakes, they simply rub it out with water and adjust accordingly.
Shit thats cool, well done man, if your not working or practising guitar then you better be spending your time making cool shit like this people.