Page 1 of 4
It was an extremely disgusting experience.

I turned 18 three days ago and while I was out in town this afternoon, I got the fantastic idea of buying some cigarettes, just because, you know, I can.

So I walked to the first corner shop I could see, went up to the counter and asked for ten Windsor Blue and a lighter. After some debate over my true age, I was given the cigarettes.

So I found a quiet backstreet with nobody around so I could light up. I lit up. I inhaled. And I'm pretty sure I died.

It was horrible. I couldn't breathe, I went light headed and I nearly coughed my guts up. It is not an experience I wish to repeat.

So I ask this, smokers of the Pit. Why do you smoke? How did you start smoking? Was your first smoke similar to mine?
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
yeah it's extremely nasty in the beginning. but then it starts tasting nice and satisfying..

Quote by GazzaCee

So I found a quiet backstreet with nobody around so I could light up

wait.. are you talking about cigarettes or meth?
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by vince1991
yeah it's extremely nasty in the beginning. but then it starts tasting nice and satisfying..

wait.. are you talking about cigarettes or meth?

Meth-coated cigarettes.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
>windsor blue

>straights

e-cigs are grim. they're proper harsh.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Smoking's for silly people
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Tried a cig once, and didn't like it at all. Never tried one after that, and I have no desire to. I've smoked weed a few times, but I've never wanted to make it a regular thing. Same with cigars. I like to occasionally have a cigar, but it's a rare event.
What was the debate? You show them your id and get em.

I do not smoke. I am not a fool.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by GazzaCee
Meth-coated cigarettes.

i still find normal cigarettes pretty awefull.. they are loaded with additives to make them burn up faster and to make you more addicted or whatever. i smoke natural rolling tobacco, without any chemical shit added to it. tastes a lot better imo. and decreases 'the crave' so i smoke a lot less of it too
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
I tried smoking once when I was drunk.

I guess it's a bit like coffee where you gotta develop a taste for it. But shit, I'm happy with my coffee addiction.
beg rollies when you're out and drunk

edit: hang tight americans who act as if smoking is the most disgusting thing people can do
I don't smoke (however I have a few times in the past whilst drunk) because doing something that is 100% proven to reduce your lifespan is absolutely pointless, especially when it's not something that requires skill.
Yeah, I tried cigs once. I was like wtf is this shit, and I never did again. Smoked weed a couple of times and that's a lot more pleasant, but being high isn't really something I can say I enjoy. I'd rather be drunk. It's hard for me to grasp how people even start smoking, like why would you ever want to smoke a 2nd cig after that first awful one.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I don't smoke (however I have a few times in the past whilst drunk) because doing something that is 100% proven to reduce your lifespan is absolutely pointless, especially when it's not something that requires skill.

unless you like it lol
I do not find cigarettes/smoking gross at all. I've always loved the smell (esp on clothes) because I find it very comforting, similar to fresh laundry.

Tried it for the first time a couple of years ago when I'd been drinking and a friend offered me one and I finished it, but I never actually bought any for myself, just took them from others when offered. Completely stopped doing that now though because I can't breathe properly. I hope I can still do shisha but I doubt it
cat
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Plus, it's expensive. As shit.

And getting sick at an old age is not fun.
Quote by willT08
unless you like it lol

Still pretty pointless. You might like it but it's not something dangerous that could increase your fitness or provide an unforgettable experience like an extreme sport.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
whilst drunk)

because doing something that is 100% proven to reduce your lifespan is absolutely pointless

kay

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Drinking alcohol in moderation (especially when we have enzymes set up to remove alcohol from our body http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_dehydrogenase) is not the same as inhaling quantities of carcinogens on a regular basis

the free radicals gonna get u man

If you're doing it in moderation then you're doing it wrong yeah

Windsor Blue? Seriously? That's even worse than Gauloises. Dude, big brands, it's Marlboro. Otherwise, roll.

But also don't start smoking, it's terrible for your health. Also it stresses you out every time you hear non-smokers being absolute dickheads about it. Just avoid all that, be one of the people outside of it all. Be happy.
Quote by guitarxo
ethanol is a carcinogen too so yeah

So is sunlight #stayinside #nevergoout

You get my point. We have enzymes evolved to react with alcohols because they are natural chemical and are essential for many bodily functions (even if they're produced in vivo) however we don't have any methods evolved to cope with wilfully inhaling large amounts of soot, smoke, and carcinogens directly into the fragile contents of your lungs, which kill cilia and loads of other stuff.
I smoke pipes and cigars, but not cigarettes. I enjoy these hobbies, especially when scotch and friends are involved.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at May 14, 2014,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Gauloises.

the name alone makes me gag. worst ciggy's ever i wonder how that company is still in buiseness
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
I don't remember it being awful at all the first time I tried it. Maybe cuz I only do it when drunk so I don't notice it being nasty. I just love the nicotine high it gives you for that short moment. Either way I don't do it often.
Sounds like you swallowed the ****ing smoke instead of inhaling it.

I only smoke weed when someone offers it. I have an extremely high tolerance to stims so cigarettes do nothing for me.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I had a cigar whilst drunk a week ago and im a non smoker, it was quite pleasant
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Used to smoke weed quite a lot and my friends smoked tobacco so when i smoked with them they always mixed tobacco into it, the first few times it gave me a horrible headache and made me want to puke but then i got used it, then a few months ago i decided to take a break from weed and stupidly decided to keep smoking tobacco so that when i did start smoking weed again i wouldnt start puking and feeling like shit from the tobacco

Well atleast its much cheaper than weed and i do like the nicotine high
Last edited by Irondevil at May 14, 2014,
i agree it's pretty gross. i really don't appreciate second smoke indoors where it builds up (if there's a big air filter and such then it's fine), and brands that my parents don't smoke are especially gross.

i know you brits find the american attitude in smoking to be a bit laughable, but you've got to realize that it's dying fast over here. tons of people are quitting and not very many people are starting. state colleges in maryland are going "smoke-free" (something i agree with in principle but the execution is a tad cruel) and it's rare to find a smoker who smokes in their own home because of the stigma associated with the smell. we're moving on to greener pastures, with guns, heroin, rape ever couple seconds, tapped phones, and FREEDOM.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by willT08
beg rollies when you're out and drunk

Hahah oh god, this is great.

OP, sounds like you were trying to do something highly illegal when you went into an alley way.

Anyways, yeah it's an acquired taste. It's the best thing in the world when your hammered drunk, but it gets annoying when you start smoking regularly.
Quote by GazzaCee
So I found a quiet backstreet with nobody around so I could light up. I lit up. I inhaled. And I'm pretty sure I died.

Yeah I wouldn't want anybody to see me either if I was such a wimp.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Eastwinn
i know you brits find the american attitude in smoking to be a bit laughable, but you've got to realize that it's dying fast over here. tons of people are quitting and not very many people are starting. state colleges in maryland are going "smoke-free" (something i agree with in principle but the execution is a tad cruel) and it's rare to find a smoker who smokes in their own home because of the stigma associated with the smell. we're moving on to greener pastures, with guns, heroin, rape ever couple seconds, tapped phones, and FREEDOM.

Well one step at a time I suppose. OT though smoking is disgusting imo never tried it but I can't stand the smell I always try to hold my breath when I'm going into shops and stuff so that I don't have to smell it form the people outside.

Also quit now TS otherwise you will end up like these charming characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ
Quote by vince1991

i still find normal cigarettes pretty awefull.. they are loaded with additives to make them burn up faster and to make you more addicted or whatever. i smoke natural rolling tobacco, without any chemical shit added to it. tastes a lot better imo. and decreases 'the crave' so i smoke a lot less of it too

bravo, good for you, nice one
Page 1 of 4