I wanted my pickup covers (on my fender bullet strat) to be black and a friend told me it would be fine to paint them but I used nail polish (cuz of the consistency) and some of it got on the pickup metal things (I'm a newbie guitarist ok?!) so which made me worried that I just ruined my pickups. What do I do?! Also my guitar sounds weird and I dont know if its my amp or the strings or if I haven't set my pickups properly or what. Electric guitar is so much more complicated then acoustic
You did not ruin your pickups. The metal parts that you got the polish on are magnets, and unless the polish has lots of magnetic metal in it, it should have no effect on their function.

Explaining how your guitar sounds "weird" would be a good start.
My Stuff:

Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
An amp that is purple.
Vintage Gibson GA-5
Two modded TS9s
Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor
Quote by anthemtailor
I wanted my pickup covers (on my fender bullet strat) to be black and a friend told me it would be fine to paint them but I used nail polish (cuz of the consistency) and some of it got on the pickup metal things (I'm a newbie guitarist ok?!) so which made me worried that I just ruined my pickups. What do I do?!

2. You can remove the covers for painting. Next time.

3. Paint on the "pickup metal things" won't harm them.

4. We'd probably need more to go on than "sounds weird" to give you any answers or even suggestions.

Electric guitar isn't all that much more complicated, but you'll probably want to hold off on the screwithage until you've collected more knowledge. I'd suggest confining yourself to playing the guitar for a while.
Like when I play it (a chord or whatever) the sound waves are super.....wavy? Kind of like its out of tune but not. Its not all clear and unified. I'm sorry if that doesnt make sense :/
Well see I actually just bought some black pickup covers but it turns out my pickups were like wax potted or something so I couldn't take the cover off. A friend of mine knows a lot about electric guitars and what not and he suggested the painting...btw I like that picture Seriously tho I just want a nice sounding electric!!! PLEASE HELP ME D:
Any way you can upload a clip of the issue? Also, what amp are you using?
My Stuff:

Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
An amp that is purple.
Vintage Gibson GA-5
Two modded TS9s
Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor
Sadly I can't do that Have you ever tried tuning your guitar by ear and you hit an E on the top string and then hit the bottom one and if the bottom one is out of tune (assuming the top E is IN tune) then the sound vibates instead of giving you a clear pitch? Thats what it sounds like. I'm using a honeytone mini amp. It was 20 bucks (fixed teenager income :P ) but I saw tons of awesome reviews for it and demos on youtube and such so I felt pretty good about it....my dad has a bass amp I could borrow but would it make a difference since my guitar is not a bass?
Quote by anthemtailor
Like when I play it (a chord or whatever) the sound waves are super.....wavy? Kind of like its out of tune but not. Its not all clear and unified. I'm sorry if that doesnt make sense :/

This happens a lot with guys that come from acoustics.

Electrics are meant to be played with a light touch ("let the pickups do the work"), particularly on the fretting hand. If you're gorilla-gripping the chords, you're probably pulling at least some of the notes sharp. You should only pull down on the strings far enough for them to make contact with fret, not so that the strings touch the fretboard.

You may also want to double check your intonation (your buddy can help with that).

Set your action low on the guitar. Often high action will cause you to pull strings sharp. You don't want your action to be as high on the electric as it is on the acoustic.

There are also "wolftones" that happen routinely with strats (Google it)
You mean a Squier Bullet. What amp are you using?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Well I'm a girl with not a whole lot of "gorilla grip" but either way thats good advice I shall try that!

Unfortunately my buddy no longer lives near me. How do you set action? (Told you....total newbie)

Wolftones....got it....I'll look it up!
Quote by Mephaphil
You mean a Squier Bullet. What amp are you using?

thank you. you are a good man.

i just did the same person who had one ESP EC400.

this madness
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/