hey guys, lately, i've really been into steve hackett's playing. To me, it seems as if his playing in genesis is kinda classical guitar playing (horizons, can utility and the coastliners, after the ordeal).

My problem is that i'm having difficulties "tabing" what he is playing (being a bass player and a guitar player in a way). With the piano/synthesizer/etc... playing with him.

So i was wondering, do you guys know any song or guitar player that would be easier "tab", so i could practice.

p.s.: i dont use tabs on the internet, otherwise i don't fully understand what the player is doing, i only know it.
Quote by local_hero
hey guys, lately, i've really been into steve hackett's playing. To me, it seems as if his playing in genesis is kinda classical guitar playing (horizons, can utility and the coastliners, after the ordeal).

My problem is that i'm having difficulties "tabing" what he is playing (being a bass player and a guitar player in a way). With the piano/synthesizer/etc... playing with him.

So i was wondering, do you guys know any song or guitar player that would be easier "tab", so i could practice.

p.s.: i dont use tabs on the internet, otherwise i don't fully understand what the player is doing, i only know it.

Huh???

Okay so you like Steve Hackett's playing...

Your trying to TAB some of his stuff...
but want to know if anyone has a song that would be easier "tab"... easier than what?
What does the "tab" mean? (so you could practice)???

P.S: but now you don't "use tabs on the internet", coz other wise you don't know what the player is doing... what player? (steve or the owner of the TAB on the "internet")

...you only know it??? what?.... what do you only know??

no wonder nobody has replied to your question... I don't think any even knows EXACTLY what it is you are trying to ask?

Perhaps you might want to re-phrase your question and i'm sure people will be willing to help??

(I am guessing english may not be your first language)
Last edited by tonibet72 at May 15, 2014,
indeed, this isn't my first language. What i want to know is if anyone knows a song or an artist, whose playing is similar to hackett's playing and that would be easier to tab (write what he is playing).

for the p.s. i wrote this so no one would dumbly tell me: if you want to learn any of his song, just look at the tab on the site. For the understand/knowing thing, i feel that if i learn a song by myself i will understand the theory behind it better than if i simply learn to play it using a tab. Therefore, i will make a better application of it in my playing