I came up with this, it sounds good to my ear but the fact that it isn't "normal" makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong... I mean the progression would be "v iii i ii"... from my knowledge that's not a popular progression at all and I don't mean to make an experimental song, just a chill retro easy to listen song (the melody came to me first and this are the chords that come closer to how it sounds in my head).

If I consider it Gmajor instead of Cmajor then why the F on the melody instead of F#? why only one G on the melody if it's the most important tone?

I'm so confused

Does it sound musically "correct"? is this actually a pop chord progression?

https://www.mediafire.com/?9f19qrqkhgpffj2
Last edited by frusciante.ve at May 15, 2014,
What exactly is "incorrect" about it?

Stop worrying whether something is "correct" in music. There is no "correct" in music. All that matters is that it 1) sounds good AND 2) serves the song/piece.

Anyway, it sounds fairly chill to me. Although, if you want a more chill sound, I would play the chord progression a little slower (or strum each chord less times) to give the progression more room to breathe, so to speak. Consider songs like some of the more chill RHCP songs, as an example.

Finally, last point. (Use your ears for this one, NOTHING ELSE.) Where does the progression resolve? What chord/note "feels like home"? That would be your key. The key is NOT influenced by whether you play an F or F# or how often you play a G. So, play your chord progression, and figure out the key. (I suspect you already did this, but you seem unsure or something.)
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 15, 2014,
^ yeah i think so

Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Stop worrying whether something is "correct" in music. There is no "correct" in music. All that matters is that it 1) sounds good AND 2) serves the song/piece.

Surely if it didn't serve the song it wouldn't sound good?

But seriously, agreed. It sounded fine to me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 15, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
Surely if it didn't serve the song it wouldn't sound good?

Indeed. But they both feed into each other.
Yeah absolutely Just keeping you going
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?