Alright, I'm assuming instrument/sample libraries are somewhat popular here. I'm not asking about getting too technical but just enough to understand their compatibility. I'm currently using Kontakt but would like to use Garritan libraries on top of the Kontakt Factory Library. Is this possible? Or do different interfaces support only certain types of files? I looked and they appear to be set-up differently.

What do I have to know about instrument/sample libraries (file procedures) to get the most out of them?

Thank U

TA
Most applications do use a proprietary format, but there are ways around the limitations...usually.

I use BIAB which uses real musicians. What I like about it is changing the tempo or style will alter the track. It never sounds canned.
The song opens with a drum fill for example and then you write a 4 bar intro - the fill is gone without doing anything. Like having a human adapt to your lead sheet changes.
That sounds tight. Do you know if it is possible to use Garritan sound libraries in Kontakt specifically though?
It's not.
Plus even if you could you'd have to map all that shit, so why would you wanna do that?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks 4 teh feedz. Basically I'm just trying to establish if this is about the jist of it: You can use one host to support any library.

I'm confused, is it not like DAWs and VSTs? 1 host can support any vst, like 1 library host (Kontakt) can support any library of my choosing? Does it work like this?

I guess it would help if someone understood how the data is processed from files/library to the player. :>
Kontakt will support kontakt libraries. Nothing else, though many companies can make libraries for kontakt.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Oh gee, I wonder which supports the most :/ Or the most popular :/

:/
Kontakt indeed.

I think after that comes the EXS24 mkII which supports every non-proprietary format I can think of, plus it's own proprietary one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Kontakt without question is the most supported and most popular.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Spambot_2
Kontakt indeed.

I think after that comes the EXS24 mkII which supports every non-proprietary format I can think of, plus it's own proprietary one.

Is EXS24 mkII a Logic only program? Is it like a vst you can run in Reaper?
It's Logic's own sampler.

Use kontakt.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola