Ok, you may have seen a few of these before... but I don't care

https://imgur.com/a/9tWFX

This is my first proper guitar after upgrading from my 20 year old epiphone les Paul (which isn't going anywhere by the way). It's hard to say anything on this guitar which hasn't been said 100 times before, but I'll try to add a few comments.

Firstly, this beauty absolutely sings! Bought this on holiday so since leaving the shop I've just been playing acoustically in my hotel room and it has so much character on its own. You can feel a really beautiful resonance through the neck. I'm hoping this is a sign that I've got a good example of this classic, but it may be quite a common result of spending $1249 on a guitar.

I need to get used to the action, coming from an archtop it's very different and I'm skipping the odd string here and there at the moment. I also find that my natural position makes me pick over the middle pickup, i find that a bit annoying. What should I work on, shift my position forward / backward very slightly or focus on shallow picking so it's not an issue?

Other than that I find the neck really easy and slick. I'm definitely not a speed player but I found the next so much smoother when moving around.

Finally I think the case and accompanying candy pack are excellent. The locks on the case are simple and secure and the whole thing seems to be pretty robust while still being stylish.

Thanks for reading, enjoy the pics!
Looks stratastic!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Great looking Strat. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Awesome strat dude. Classic. I wish my start came with that case.... It looks badass too!
HNGD, nice stratocaster buddy!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Looks quite a lot like mine!

Nice necks on those things. Congrats!
My Stuff:

Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
An amp that is purple.
Vintage Gibson GA-5
Two modded TS9s
Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor
HNGD

Nothing better than a good Strat, they just beg to be played.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When I got my american standard the first thing I though too was damn this thing resonates like crazy. It looks like they changed the case from last year. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Nice picks (red). Congrats.

Where are you from and where'd you get it if I may ask?
Last edited by Spud Spudly at May 15, 2014,
Congrats!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
nice! gotta love tobacco sunburst.

now for the fun part, what color pickguard?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
thanks for the comments guys, sorry took me so long to respond.

Spud - i have never seen the old cases so nothing really to compare with, i would highly praise this case though. the clasps are simple and really solid, plus one has a TSA lock if you have to condemn it into the hold. I just got this guitar back home by carrying through the airport on a two legged journey and the case worked a charm. it even fit perfectly in a small airbus overhead locker so didn't even need to put it into the flight attendants locker (i would make sure you're one of the first on the plane in that situation though as its pretty tough finding a whole empty locker otherwise).

i'm currently living in Sweden and bought the guitar in san diego while on a business trip. got the tram out to the guitar centre their and played through quite a few different guitars. not sure what general opinion in the US is about them but the guy who served me was great and would certainly go back if i didn't live on the other side of the world!
nice, never see to many cool strats. as for your picking ? I'd suggest both approaches. moving where you pick will change the tone some and is very useful and yes only using a tiny bit of the pick will help with the middle pickup.
Wow. I've never seen anything like it before. Is it a new type of guitar? It might catch on!
Enjoy, HNGD
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Looks great.

Nice case, too.
2014 Gibson SG Special
Peavey Classic 30
Squier Standard Stratocaster HSS
Fender CD60CE
Fender v2 Mustang III
Roland Micro Cube
MXR M75
Hey man, nice looking Strat! HNGD! And I don't want to hijack your thread, but please don't let anybody tell you to to condemn that beaut to the hold. It's actually law that you can stow your guitar into an overhead bin on the plane, at least in the US, thanks to the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012. Section 403, Chapter 417. www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/reauthorization/media/PLAW-112publ95%5B1%5D.pdf

Original article here: http://www.guitarworld.com/acoustic-nation-alert-you-can-carry-your-guitar-it-s-law
Equipment:

PRS SE 245
Vox Valvetronix VT20+

Things to Come ( with plenty of time ):

PRS Custom 22
BKP Aftermaths/Juggernauts/DiMarzio Titans
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
Peavey 5150
4 x 12 Mesa Boogie cab