I kept breaking my high E strings on the bridge so we took a look at it and discovered a sharp edge on the bridge. We tried to fix it ourselves, but the next string I put op, broke quickly after it. I brought it to the repairman and he fixed it. However, instead of a 9 string, het put a 10 on it while the other strings remained.

However, the new string feels terrible. It hurts my finger, it feels like wire during bends and it seems to be made of hard material and is pretty sharp. Bending other strings is not problem at all.

I know I should replace it, and I will replace all of them, but I just want to know why it feels so different. Can it be other material? Etc. Etc. I normally play Elixir.
Last edited by GuitarL91 at May 15, 2014,
Thicker strings have more tension, so it's not a weird thing if it feels harder to play on.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Thicker strings have more tension, so it's not a weird thing if it feels harder to play on.

I played 10's before and did not have that problem. I can get my bends in tune and stuff like that, but the material seems to hurt my finger a lot.
Probably just a really cheap string and he didn't realise you use 9s and just put a 10 on 'cause that's what he had.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
10's are stiffer than 9's . The increase really sticks out with the high E when it's used with a different gauge of strings. Besides, I doubt your finger can feel the difference in steel compositions
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]