Page 1 of 6
Quote by chookiecookie
This question has been asked and answered all night

I know, it sucks

So why is it gone ?, I didn't really use (shitty pun intended) but I'm still curious ?
It went to a farm, buddy. Now it gets to play with all it's friends.

It's gonna miss you, and you're gonna miss it, but if you visit you'll only be sadder when you leave one another again.

Just know that it's happy and in a better place.

I'll take you camping this weekend and you'll forget all about it.
Wubba lubba dub dub!
Quote by lemmyisgod97
So why is it gone ?, I didn't really use (shitty pun intended) but I'm still curious ?

Seems to be a mix of vendor supplying, mishandling of addiction issues, and irresponsible drug use and the support of such.

Just in general

It was something like that.
ayy lmao
Can't say I saw any mishandling of abuse issues, or people supplying vendor/online drug info.
mods closed it. less people in the pit means more time for them to go to church and get their vagina's waxed
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by Owenlee55
Can't say I saw any mishandling of abuse issues, or people supplying vendor/online drug info.

Just ask a mod

Tho I have seen both before.

And I know you've seen the second.
ayy lmao
The drug thread od'd.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by chookiecookie
Seems to be a mix of vendor supplying, mishandling of addiction issues, and irresponsible drug use and the support of such.

Just in general

It was something like that.
There was very little vendor supplying and the only time addiction was discussed was when trying to help and give support to those who needed it. There was no support of irresponsible drug use, whenever someone was clearly being irresponsible or dangering themselves, people told them and tried to help them. The drug thread was pretty much the only reason i use the pit anymore and it breaks my heart to see it gone
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by vince1991
mods closed it. less people in the pit means more time for them to go to church and get their vagina's waxed

get this misogynistic shit out of here
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Irondevil
There was very little vendor supplying and the only time addiction was discussed was when trying to help and give support to those who needed it. There was no support of irresponsible drug use, whenever someone was clearly being irresponsible or dangering themselves, people told them and tried to help them. The drug thread was pretty much the only reason i use the pit anymore and it breaks my heart to see it gone

There wasn't any public vendor supplying but there sure as hell was through private messaging. Didn't seem to happen too often though. But still, I'm sad to see it go as well.

I'm going to have a conversation with the mods. This thread has done too much good to go away
Quote by Irondevil
There was no support of irresponsible drug use, whenever someone was clearly being irresponsible or dangering themselves, people told them and tried to help them. The drug thread was pretty much the only reason i use the pit anymore and it breaks my heart to see it gone

It could be argued that by having the thread that UG was opening itself to the possibility that someone would engage in irresponsible drug use (and then UG would be fingered as part of the problem). Of course, since hard drugs are illegal in most Western states, simply allowing it to be open allows for potential legal issues. (Whether drugs should be illegal is another discussion, but whatever.)

Clearly, the staff just decided that policing the thread more strictly (to reduce the issues they found concerning) wouldn't work though. That's been tried in the past, I understand, and it never worked long-term.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 15, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It could be argued that by having the thread that UG was opening itself to the possibility that someone would engage in irresponsible drug use. Of course, since hard drugs are illegal in most Western states, simply allowing it to be open allows for potential legal issues. (Whether drugs should be illegal is another discussion, but whatever.)

Nope. At least not in any civilized nation. The 'legal concerns' issue is nonsense.

That being said, I don't care if it exists or not, and if the mods/powers-that-be wanted it gone, so be it. Anyone who doesn't like it can certainly go to another forum, it's not like there's a shortage of them...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
This is silly. The Drug Thread has been helpful for so many of us.

I would have been so depressed and much more irresponsible in college if I hadn't had friends supporting me in the Drug Thread. All of us stay in contact regularly at this point and have had to talk friends out of spiraling into addiction or into seeking help if they've already hit their low. It's across the board that users in the thread spread caution and helpful tips for any type of user - this includes keeping tabs on users who mention new/increasing use of painkillers, opiates in general, amphetamines, even psychadelics. As for 'vending' I've only ever seen/heard of friends sending to other friends, no 'large scale' projects of any sort.

Honestly the most in-the-flesh support I've ever seen through this site was out of the Drug Thread. It's one of the few places you won't get bullied for talking about your depression. It's also one of the only places on the internet I've ever felt comfortable reaching out to people about substance abuse or simply substance confusion.

Hell, even Progdude is helpful there!
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Arby911
Nope. At least not in any civilized nation. The 'legal concerns' issue is nonsense.

Actually, it's not because people are stupid and do stupid things and then try to sue places/other people. So, yes, that issue should be nonsense. But it's not because of people's stupidity.

Edit:
Quote by vintage x metal
This is silly. The Drug Thread has been helpful for so many of us.

I would have been so depressed and much more irresponsible in college if I hadn't had friends supporting me in the Drug Thread. All of us stay in contact regularly at this point and have had to talk friends out of spiraling into addiction or into seeking help if they've already hit their low. It's across the board that users in the thread spread caution and helpful tips for any type of user - this includes keeping tabs on users who mention new/increasing use of painkillers, opiates in general, amphetamines, even psychadelics. As for 'vending' I've only ever seen/heard of friends sending to other friends, no 'large scale' projects of any sort.

Honestly the most in-the-flesh support I've ever seen through this site was out of the Drug Thread. It's one of the few places you won't get bullied for talking about your depression. It's also one of the only places on the internet I've ever felt comfortable reaching out to people about substance abuse or simply substance confusion.

Hell, even Progdude is helpful there!

There is a thread in the site feedback section where the mods and DT members can discuss this and other issues. Maybe you'd like to add your voice to it?
Sucks. I didn't use the thread anymore but it was a good outlet for information.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
How exactly is closing the thread supposed to help?? Wasn't the thread made in the first place to keep drug discussions at a minimum in other venues?? It's not as if people are going to use any less drugs on the site if the thread is gone, it just means that they have less venues in which they can talk about it anonymously, which seems pretty dangerous honestly - I would have had many more terrible experiences without people in the thread to walk through certain past situations with me, especially when I had no one else knowledgeable to talk to about it amongst my peers.

edit:

Example: A few years ago my friend got his hands an a lot of methodone and went into a very weird place that few people could understand. So, I went to talk to people who would understand, and I was able to get my friend into a more stable place before he moved away. It is difficult to describe what methodone does to your psyche and even more difficult to describe any way to help, and it's not as if you can just waltz into a doctor's office or police station expecting help without suffering legal consequences that often just lead to worse problems and relapses. Have you seen the success rate of rehabilitation centers???
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at May 15, 2014,
Quote by vintage x metal
How exactly is closing the thread supposed to help?? Wasn't the thread made in the first place to keep drug discussions at a minimum in other venues?? It's not as if people are going to use any less drugs on the site if the thread is gone, it just means that they have less venues in which they can talk about it anonymously, which seems pretty dangerous honestly - I would have had many more terrible experiences without people in the thread to walk through certain past situations with me, especially when I had no one else knowledgeable to talk to about it amongst my peers.

See my edit. You're venting in the wrong place here...
thanks Sam
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

.... except that the only discussion in the Site Feedback section of the forum is a closed thread labeled 'Drug Thread' saying that there's nothing to discuss.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal

edit:

Example: A few years ago my friend got his hands an a lot of methodone and went into a very weird place that few people could understand. So, I went to talk to people who would understand, and I was able to get my friend into a more stable place before he moved away. It is difficult to describe what methodone does to your psyche and even more difficult to describe any way to help, and it's not as if you can just waltz into a doctor's office or police station expecting help without suffering legal consequences that often just lead to worse problems and relapses. Have you seen the success rate of rehabilitation centers???

There are other places on the internet to talk about drugs and get info. In fact, based on the info I saw while observing that thread, it was an awful place to get info.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Ya I can't seem to find anything on it as well. Very disappointed to not find a concrete post or thread pertaining to one of the largest threads on the forum. Im sure there are obvious reasons, im just curious to see what they might be.

^ninjad nvm
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelshizzle at May 15, 2014,
Quote by lolmnt
There are other places on the internet to talk about drugs and get info. In fact, based on the info I saw while observing that thread, it was an awful place to get info.

And you know this how??? Can you give me examples?? Other than your opinion of it simply being 'awful info'?

There are few places you can go to on the Web that have the same amount of activity and accountability. Plus a place like UG allows for discussion of other topics, which is way healthier than websites that are structured entirely around the subject of drugs.

The existence of other places is not a sound excuse for closing the Drug Thread.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Actually, it's not because people are stupid and do stupid things and then try to sue places/other people. So, yes, that issue should be nonsense. But it's not because of people's stupidity.

Is it your serious contention that eliminating one thread magically indemnifies the forum against said stupidity? (Which we can agree does indeed exist.)

People can, and do, sue for any reason or no reason at all. The potential liability continues to exist and is not diminished to any significant degree by not having a 'drug' thread.

It's effectively the same as claiming that driving 69.9 mph is 'safer' than driving 70 mph, technically true but immaterial for all practical purposes.

Thus the 'legal concerns' argument is indeed nonsense, because context matters.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at May 15, 2014,
Quote by vintage x metal
.... except that the only discussion in the Site Feedback section of the forum is a closed thread labeled 'Drug Thread' saying that there's nothing to discuss.

Mmmm...well, then the mods must have gotten sick of repeating themselves.

Oh, I just checked on that thread. I see now why exactly it was closed. The guy who started that thread didn't present any new points or anything. He spent 3 hours last night (from 11PM to 2AM, CST) making rather bad points in the Chat Thread. I'm not surprised lolmnt just shut it down. I hate to say it, but I suspect the DT regs can blame a few of their own for ruining any chance at a proper discussion last night.

Quote by Arby911
Is it your serious contention that eliminating one thread magically indemnifies the forum against said stupidity? (Which we can agree does indeed exist.)

Of course not. Don't read too much into it, man.

People can, and do, sue for any reason or no reason at all. The potential liability continues to exist and is not diminished to any measurable degree by not having a 'drug' thread.

Thus the 'legal concerns' argument is indeed nonsense, because context matters.

The fact is, you're correct. But that still doesn't change the idea that it might reduce legal concerns, even by a small margin; or at least, I'm sure that the logic behind the whole "legal concerns" thing. I can't say I agree with that point; I just see why they used that kind of reasoning.
Well a bunch of people were using the thread as a tool to meet up and do coke and other bad shit. Sure that might have had something to do with it.
I dont know if i agree with it or not but i can def understand why it was closed. Discussing a meetup to get together and do drugs, and who's bringing what, and where and who is gonna be there to do all these drugs is just one of the straws on back of the proverbial camel

not exactly rule-abiding stuff there
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Mmmm...well, then the mods must have gotten sick of repeating themselves.

Oh, I just checked on that thread. I see now why exactly it was closed. The guy who started that thread didn't present any new points or anything. He spent 3 hours last night (from 11PM to 2AM, CST) making rather bad points in the Chat Thread. I'm not surprised lolmnt just shut it down. I hate to say it, but I suspect the DT regs can blame a few of their own for ruining any chance at a proper discussion last night.

This is bullshit. I am so disappointed in the mods.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Wormholes
Well a bunch of people were using the thread as a tool to meet up and do coke and other bad shit. Sure that might have had something to do with it.

I could do that without a drug thread.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by vintage x metal
This is bullshit. I am so disappointed in the mods.

Ok.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown