My Eastman E20D came with D'addarios EXP lights-i use these quite a bit on previous guitars in the past as well as Elixirs Lights-i'd like to try Elixirs Light-Med. bronze-any suggestions on either??? what difference in sound, playability will i find if i switch???
I like both. Ds seem a little brighter and Es a little smoother with less string squeak. I don't fuss over either too much.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Personally, I like Elixirs more than D'addarios... I think the Elixirs just have a generally better sound, not to mention i snapped both an e and a G straight out of a D'addario package. Probably just a bad set though, as the next set I bought was fine.
I've tried Elixirs 4-5 times and had strings snap twice (sounded alright though) and they definitely lasted longer. Wasn't huge on the D'Addario strings, I always find myself going back to the Martin 80/20 bronze.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
Elixirs, sound better for me and they last way longer
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
I really depends on the guitar. Most of my acoustic guitars sound better with elixirs but I have one stubborn guitar that needs D'addarios strings. Ultimately you need to try both and use what you think sounds best.
Not taking any online orders.
Give the Martin SP Lifespans phosphor bronze a try. I have them on my Alvarez AD60 and they sound amazing,they last forever too.
Quote by StillRunning386
Personally, I like Elixirs more than D'addarios... I think the Elixirs just have a generally better sound...

^^ yep
I really depends on the guitar. Most of my acoustic guitars sound better with elixirs but I have one stubborn guitar that needs D'addarios strings. Ultimately you need to try both and use what you think sounds best.

This. I also have some guitars that respond better to elixirs and some that sound better with D'Addarios.