Anyone use the EMG active or passive pickups in a strat? What did you think compared to the non-custom shop standard Fenders?

Thanks
I love mine and think that they are worth the money. More power with similar Strat tones. One question though, what type of music do you play? They are awesome for rock, hard rock and metal.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Fernandes offers a Stratclone called the Retrorocket DG (as an homage to "David Gilmour") that comes equipped with a trio of EMGs.

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/retrorocket/retrorocket-deluxe.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I have a strat that I assembled from various parts that were mostly ordered from ebay and I wound up putting the prewired standard EMG SA 3 single coil pickguard in it. I think the one I bought was a used one.

I think it sounds amazing. My guitar cost me probably $400-$500 for all the parts and it sounds comparable to my friend's American made Fender strat cherry sunburst (not sure which pickups his came with).

They are pretty fat sounding. And in my opinion, they sound very quality from clean to medium gain stuff.

I play mostly hard rock music with humbucker guitars, but I love the classic strat tone and I was able to get the exact sound i was looking for with mine using the emg SAs. In my opinion, they are just as good as anything else
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

don't overlook lace. i just got them for the first time on my 1996 American tele Deluxe Special II, and the lace pickups are quite amazing. mine aren't as hot as the EMG, but they really have a good well balanced tone IMO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Big fan of Lace- I own a guitar with Alumitones. I know a lot of people with those or other Lace products in their Strats.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!