Page 1 of 2
So I guess recently this picture caught fire and now people are crying about it cause you know, you need to have something to be offended about:

Story:

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/jews-vs-nazis-beer-pong/

personally I think its ****ing hilarious never seen that before until now (im guessing some smug bastard will waltz in here and post a slowpoke.jpg cause this is the pit). game is unfair though, jews are at a disadvantage since the cups are huddled closer together.
pinga
It's not really hilarious, it's not really offensive. It just exists. That's my view on it.

But yeah, it really needs fixing, Nazi's need a nerf or Jews need a buff. Volvo pls.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Looks unfair for the Jew side. Cmon, its cup density is closer than the Nazi. Obviously rigged.
it would be so much easier to score on the jews than the nazis

A historically accurate depiction of post-war Western propaganda.

Keep dem shekels rolling.
I think it's stupid, in poor taste, and it makes me uncomfortable, but I'm Jewish, and I think people that are getting into a tizzy over it need to chill. This is hardly the dumbest thing or the most offensive thing drunk college kids do.

Edit: apparently it's high school students, not college kids. Somehow it does not surprise me that the same people that play this are dumb enough to post photos of themselves playing beer pong when they're underaged.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at May 15, 2014,
Alright, I'll be that guy. This game is suuuuuper old. Still looks fun though. I don't think the Jews are at that big of a disadvantage though, especially not with the Anne Frank cup. The Nazi's have a lot of straight lines which would be easy to line up.
Quote by necrosis1193
I think it's stupid, in poor taste, and it makes me uncomfortable, but I'm Jewish, and I think people that are getting into a tizzy over it need to chill. This is hardly the dumbest thing or the most offensive thing drunk college kids do.

Edit: apparently it's high school students, not college kids. Somehow it does not surprise me that the same people that play this are dumb enough to post photos of themselves playing beer pong when they're underaged.

Are you Ashkenazi jew?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Trowzaa
It's not really hilarious, it's not really offensive.

Trivializing the massacre of millions of Jews in a game of beer pong so college kids can get wasted?

It's extremely offensive. Your grandfather probably fought in that war. Offensive isn't subjective. It's a thing that exists and affects everybody, so when people say "that's offensive" when it isn't, that means they're liars.

You get what I'm trying to say? i'll tell you what i'm trying to say, Heil Hitler. Deal with it.
I lol'd
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by severed-metal
Trivializing the massacre of millions of Jews in a game of beer pong so college kids can get wasted?

It's extremely offensive. Your grandfather probably fought in that war. Offensive isn't subjective. It's a thing that exists and affects everybody, so when people say "that's offensive" when it isn't, that means they're liars.

You get what I'm trying to say? i'll tell you what i'm trying to say, Heil Hitler. Deal with it.

Wut?
Quote by severed-metal

That really just doesn't ma......what?
Quote by severed-metal

Hmmm Varg Vikerness of Burzum would REALLY like this game eh? I'm just surprised how you can support that scum bag's art but be intolerant of this? I don't support either, but whining and claiming offensive is probably not the best way to combat people like these.
Quote by Lord_Doku
A historically accurate depiction of post-war Western propaganda.

Keep dem shekels rolling.

Although the game depicted by the TS is offensive and in extremely poor taste it is not anywhere as nearly offensive as your statement.
Fucking fascist or holocaust denier. Which one are you? Scum of the earth or a blithering idiot? Which one?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by severed-metal
Offensive isn't subjective.

Yes it is.

Quote by severed-metal
Cool. Thus proving my point, well done.

Actually Trowzaa is correct. Taking offense is very subjective. Things you and I find offensive many fascist, holocaust denying asshats and high school beer pong teams find funny.

I think I get what you are saying there but "offensive" is a very subjective subject.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by severed-metal

I am not offended by this, thus it is subjective.

Quote by severed-metal

Man, the JIDF is starting to make no sense.
Quote by severed-metal

Is your avatar not a swastika with the middle taken out?
banned
Quote by severed-metal

Sometimes trivializing an issue, in the appropriate context (only around friends who are cool with it, in closed doors, not being something completely stupid, etc), can make for a good bonding experience with others and have good fun.
It does need an appropriate context though. If you tell a nazi joke to a close friend, who you know is coo' with that, and you both have a good laugh about it, it's not the end of the world, specially if both of you recognize what the Holocaust is and what it implies. It just represents a moment of bonding between friends. And who knows, maybe it results in more awareness about the subject (e.g you and your friend keep conversing about it in a non-joking matter).
But there can be inappropriate contexts, which can make it offensive to many. For example, if that Nazi-Jew game was made a public event in a competition thousands of people watch. That would be poor taste. It would also be poor taste doing so in front of people who were affected by the Holocaust, and get offended by it, at least not without asking their ok to do so, or doing it somewhere else.
But doing it in a dorm room with just a couple of friends who want to have a laugh about it is no big deal IMO.

It's like the difference between telling a dead baby joke to a friend when hanging out, and telling it at a child's funeral to the mother
Quote by Jackal58
Actually Trowzaa is correct. Taking offense is very subjective. Things you and I find offensive many fascist, holocaust denying asshats and high school beer pong teams find funny.

I think I get what you are saying there but "offensive" is a very subjective subject.

I'm a holocaust denying asshat for not finding something that is nothing to do with me offensive? Okay.

Quote by Trowzaa
I'm a holocaust denying asshat for not finding something that is nothing to do with me offensive? Okay.

I think you really need the drug thread back.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I think you really need the drug thread back.

I never posted in the drug thread... You're going senile.

Quote by Trowzaa
I never posted in the drug thread... You're going senile.

Probably. You're hallucinating
I was agreeing with you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh, my bad

Quote by Jackal58

Fucking fascist or holocaust denier. Which one are you? Scum of the earth or a blithering idiot? Which one?

I used to have a muslim friend who extremely hated Jews. So don't act like those are the only two possible options in the world. What's with the extreme anger? You have you realize some people are like this through various reasons rather than a simple "scrum of the Earth". In my case, my muslim friend hated them because of the Israel vs Palestine war and religion reasons . I don't agree with his antisemitism but I understand what caused him to be like that. If you really wanted to change someone acting like that won't do any good.
Quote by Genrecore
I used to have a muslim friend who extremely hated Jews. So don't act like those are the only two possible options in the world. What's with the extreme anger? You have you realize some people are like this through various reasons rather than a simple "scrum of the Earth". In my case, my muslim friend hated them because of the Israel vs Palestine war and religion reasons . I don't agree with his antisemitism but I understand what caused him to be like that. If you really wanted to change someone acting like that won't do any good.

You can hate Jews with out denying the holocaust. If you deny the holocaust occurred or claim it's portrayal is Jewish propaganda by Western Civilization you are either a fascist or a blithering idiot. Even if you are a Muslim.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by severed-metal
No, why?

It definitely looks like it. No offense or anything.
it is u ****ing mong
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Page 1 of 2