Hi
I was wondering how exactly to upstrum as when i do it, i only seem to hit the first 3 strings.
If i try to hit any more
they start vibrating excessively or sth.
Any help would be appreciated.

-Gitbit
Quote by GitBit
Hi
they start vibrating excessively or sth.

Maybe loosen your grip on the pick, or hold it more angled towards the strings?
Yeah I'd guess relax more your grip, your hand, your wrist and your arm. Slow it all down, try and figure out what you're actually doing when you're strumming upwards and practice.
I think you're doing it right, you don't have to strum all the strings only the first 2 or 3 strings.
Quote by sam2289
I think you're doing it right, you don't have to strum all the strings only the first 2 or 3 strings.

Not really, it totally depends on what you're playing
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Benzeyn
Yeah I'd guess relax more your grip, your hand, your wrist and your arm. Slow it all down, try and figure out what you're actually doing when you're strumming upwards and practice.

That's exactly it. If you have a problem with anything, slow it down and figure out what the problem is. Don't try to practice faster than you're truly able to play something. It creates bad habits that are harder to break later.
Quote by steven seagull
Not really, it totally depends on what you're playing

I play acoustic guitar and this is how i strum, i don't know about other styles
It doesn't matter what guitar you're playing, it depends on the song. If I'm playing a ska-type rhythm then I probably do want to just accent the higher strings on those upstrokes, however for a folky acoustic song I'm going to want the full chord to sound.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It doesn't matter what guitar you're playing, it depends on the song. If I'm playing a ska-type rhythm then I probably do want to just accent the higher strings on those upstrokes, however for a folky acoustic song I'm going to want the full chord to sound.

^That. Strumming dynamics (think that's the right term) does wonders for tone variety and is further proof tone is in your hand. At least a big part of it. Personally, sometimes I like to randomly pick a couple chords and just play out as many different 'songs' as I can using just those chords. I think it's a good way to know how to get different types of sound from the way you strum, like which strings to hit or ho hard you hit them.