http://www.bbc.com/news/education-25559089

Nice

ok for reals this time, good night

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm sure that's the case in most countries. Shit I know a ton of young people over here who are now struggling with direction after the official budget got released.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
gj brits
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
They should come to America the land of opportunity where at least they won't be around Brits all day.
A "long term unemployed person" is the same wherever they live in the world. It's not like this is only the case in the UK
Quote by sam b
A "long term unemployed person" is the same wherever they live in the world. It's not like this is only the case in the UK

Yeah, its so weird that an article by a UK media outlet about a study in the UK focuses on the UK.

Joking answer:
Well at least the last time this sort of thing happened we got punk rock.

Snide semi-political jab:
I'm glad to be in the US where we have all these wealthy job creators on Wall Street who bless us all with their tricklings.

Serious answer:
Yeah, it sucks. I'm underemployed and its a huge bummer. I can't imagine having no job at all.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
thank god for alberta

Quote by jambi_mantra
I'm sure that's the case in most countries. Shit I know a ton of young people over here who are now struggling with direction after the official budget got released.

That budget is ridiculous from what I've read so far.

And yeah, the OP applies to every country.
Bullshit. Im 23 from the uk. Ive worked part time from i was 14. Now im working through a civil engineering degree and have 2 jobs cos i like the extra cash.

I was unemployed for maybe 3 months afew years ago. Hated it. I applied for every possible job just to have something to keep me occupied.

Its motivation. Handouts/govt support is too easy to get - people have no motivation to stay in school/find a job/embark on a career. My brother left school at 16 and has worked in Asda(Walmart) ever since. He's doing alright but he wishes someone had given him a 'kick up the arse' when he was 16.

Stay in school....dabble in drugs...
Quote by mark.bark
Bullshit. Im 23 from the uk. Ive worked part time from i was 14. Now im working through a civil engineering degree and have 2 jobs cos i like the extra cash.

I was unemployed for maybe 3 months afew years ago. Hated it. I applied for every possible job just to have something to keep me occupied.

Its motivation. Handouts/govt support is too easy to get - people have no motivation to stay in school/find a job/embark on a career. My brother left school at 16 and has worked in Asda(Walmart) ever since. He's doing alright but he wishes someone had given him a 'kick up the arse' when he was 16.

Stay in school....dabble in drugs...

Wish I had that motivation.

But how do the Spanish do it?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/aug/30/spain-youth-unemployment-record-high

Spain's youth unemployment is over 55%. Spain doesn't have a hand out society like in the UK. Sure, there is a bigger black economy, but I can't imagine it to be THAT large.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at May 16, 2014,
Young people 'feel they have nothing to live for'

until they get there job seekers through and go out and get trollied
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Does anyone else kinda find it shit to work hard for a degree to work for a boss in order to pay off a mortgage in the hopes of having enough money to retire when you're 70?

Obviously, there's benefits to doing that, but I can't help feeling like there's a higher power/order benefiting from this. Feels like indirect slavery.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Does anyone else kinda find it shit to work hard for a degree to work for a boss in order to pay off a mortgage in the hopes of having enough money to retire when you're 70?

Obviously, there's benefits to doing that, but I can't help feeling like there's a higher power/order benefiting from this. Feels like indirect slavery.

Pretty much.
Quote by Philip_pepper

Yeah but it's like that all the way up the ladder. If anything, putting it like that makes it seem like you're one of the 9%.
Quote by Philip_pepper

Nah. I managed to not work hard for my degree, got it, will never use it and somehow managed to wangle becoming my own boss.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by slipknot5678
That budget is ridiculous from what I've read so far.

And yeah, the OP applies to every country.

Make healthcare and education more expensive while cutting pensions and welfare sums it up
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Some days I feel like I've not got much to live for, almost regret not following through on suicidal tendencies earlier in life. Being unemployed magnifies that issue for me, but isn't necessarily the sole cause of it.

That and I really do have a lot to live for. Just those times when there's nothing better to do than get out of bed, have a shower and go back to bed can really get you down.
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by Ed Hunter
Nah. I managed to not work hard for my degree, got it, will never use it and somehow managed to wangle becoming my own boss.

How did you do it? Please teach me.
there is a reason why young, unemployed college grads are the most likely to become suicide bombers/terrorists in general
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I will say being 20 and from the UK, that this study is relatively accurate, that being said the only real thing you can spend money on in the UK is basic amenities because everything is so damn expensive. Inflation has risen far faster than wage prices have in the past 10-15 years and as a result I find that the only money I spend is either on rent, travel, food or other bills, very rarely do I buy anything nice, go anywhere new or do anything good, all I tend to do is go to uni, work, and occasionally go and get drunk with my friends.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Minimum wage becoming a standard rather than a minmum legal requirement also hasn't helped.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Maybe we could go to America and thus get shot? Probably cheaper than going to Switzerland.
Quote by Philip_pepper

I hardly put in any work into my degree and I recently got a job offer. The whole working for the rest of my life isn't too great, but hopefully you just like the job you get.
Quote by Philip_pepper
How did you do it? Please teach me.

I stopped going on UG regularly and making absolutely terrible threads where everyone hated me. Try it, it'll work wonders for your self confidence. Your mum will probably like you more too.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I stopped going on UG regularly and making absolutely terrible threads where everyone hated me. Try it, it'll work wonders for your self confidence. Your mum will probably like you more too.

god

dayum

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Ed Hunter

Well, that's me fvcked then.
Quote by Jonagorn
Maybe we could go to America and thus get shot? Probably cheaper than going to Switzerland.

Maybe you could stay in the UK and get knifed. Probably cheaper than moving period.