It's not often that i ask the pit to help me with a decision, but here we go.

I'm scheduled to work next Saturday, but two of my (current) favourite bands are playing on the same day, and quite a few of my friends are going. I know it's going to be a good day out, and at the moment i'm of the opinion that while it's bad form to take time off work at the last minute, i figure that i'll regret not going to the gig after the fact.

What would you do?

EDIT: Keep in mind i have been at my job for a year and have only had a few days off.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at May 16, 2014,
stay at home and masturbate to farmville
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
tell the boss the truth while asking to spend one of your vacation days.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
tell the boss the truth while asking to spend one of your vacation days.

This. If he says no, don't go.

If you go AWOL just for the sake of going to a gig, you may get fired and will never be able to afford to go to a gig again. (Till you get another job, which will not be easy if you got fired from your last job).
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Stay home and....

Quote by slash_GNR666
stay at home and masturbate to farmville

GOD DAMMIT SLASH
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Stay home and....

GOD DAMMIT SLASH

Want me to send a friend request on FB?

You can sow my seed
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by GaryBillington

If you go AWOL just for the sake of going to a gig, you may get fired and will never be able to afford to go to a gig again. (Till you get another job, which will not be easy if you got fired from your last job).

++
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Quote by GaryBillington

Do this.
Be a responsible person.
Quote by slash_GNR666
Want me to send a friend request on FB?

You can sow my seed

Giggity
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Call in sick.
Ask someone to switch shifts.

Shows are scheduled months in advance, why did you wait until the last minute?
Last edited by MakinLattes at May 16, 2014,
I've sorted it out. They ended up phoning me about something unrelated, so i apologised and said i wouldn't be able to make it, they said that it's not a problem, but next time i should give them some more notice.

The only reason why i waited until now was because i didn't know whether i should go for it or not.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Is it that hard to ask for a day off where you come from?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I got fired from my last job for not giving them enough of a notice to take a day off.
I always have a really important online test due on days I have gigs and have to work. It's even summer for me and my managers are like, "Isn't the semester over?" I'm like "Um...no...I have really important summer classes and this test is really important" they say "Okay fine we'll get someone to replace you" then I feel guilty till I cause brain jammage to myself onstage
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Can you "switch" a day with a co-worker??

But use your vacation days and/or if its part time, call in sick
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by Hardlycore
I got fired from my last job for not giving them enough of a notice to take a day off.

Curious, how short of a notice did you give them?
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
Switch shifts or call and ask off ASAP. Giving them a weeks notice isn't a short notice
Sail upon the open skies