so what exactly do you need to achieve that warm sound that you hear from a tube amp?
Is one power tube enough?
one preamp tube ?
a combination ?
or is it a case of more is better?
do other component's matter more then we think?
Is a matter of design?
something else?
Last edited by mousakathegreat at May 16, 2014,
It's a very complex combination of things...

Stop making dumb threads like this.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I think we have the new Toppscore.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
but I want to learn
stop trolling
are there only drummers in this forum ?
Last edited by mousakathegreat at May 16, 2014,
Quote by Eppicurt
I think we have the new Toppscore.

What ever happened to that ****er?
Quote by mousakathegreat
but I want to learn
stop trolling

You don't want to learn, you want to be told simple answers to complex questions... That's not learning, it's just being stupid. Take your stupidity elsewhere.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by 7thString
What ever happened to that ****er?

It wouldn't surprise me if his disappearance had something to do with a mental asylum.

Quote by mousakathegreat
but I want to learn
stop trolling

Lesson 1 - Go away.

Now practice.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I'll give a serious answer here.
Each and every component in a tube amp contributes to its sound.

To put it another way:
A single bad link in a chain can contribute to the entire chain being of poor quality.

And if the design itself is bad, good components aren't going to help.

Now, maybe stop being insulting in every thread you start and people might actually want to help you.
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 16, 2014,
Quote by CodeMonk
Now, maybe stop being insulting in every thread you start and people might actually want to help you.

This.

We've tried helping in all of your previous threads, but you seem insistent upon ignoring that advice.

You've been given recommendations, now it's up to you if you want to follow them or not.

Just PLEASE stop creating threads about this.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
It's not like tube amps are warmer, the problem lies in your expectations of how amps should sound.

It's in your mind you know.
If you don't get the warmth from a solid state amp it's because your mind isn't prepared to recieve the warmth a solid state amp has to offer.

the reason is actually that SS guitar amps suck pretty bad in general, though they would sound good if someone made them good
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
tubes get very warm, even to the point where you can burn yourself by touching them with an unexposed piece of skin. Therefore the sound is best described as warm

Solid state however is as cold as a jilted lover. The sound can therefore be described as cold and bitter.

If you want to understand what I'm talking about, stick your tongue on a glowing tube. Then open the back of a running solid state amp and start touching the bigger electronic components in there. You will immediately hear the difference in tone
Just poor a lil gasoline on your amp, strike a match and enjoy the warmth of tubes.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Can a mod close this thread, thus denying moronthegreek the pleasure of closing it himself when he's had enough fun trolling in it?
Quote by mousakathegreat
so what exactly do you need to achieve that warm sound that you hear from a tube amp?
Apparently a tube amp.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Two of the warmest amps ever made
1. The Fender Champ - one preamp tube, one power tube.
2. Mesa Boogie Mark <insert personal favourite> - a gazillion of everything and shit you've never even imagined; and there'll be three of them.

Stupid question is stupid.

Dan had the right idea. Let the catting begin!

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification