Some of my favs are:

Jeff Buckley, Hallelujah

Elliott Smith, Angeles

Tallest man on Earth (a lot of it's awesome), I won't be found/where do my bluebird fly

Ben Howard (again there's a lot) Oats in the water, black flies
This is the one I'm working on at the moment, but rearranged to open D. Worth remembering that he was one of the early exponents of DADGAD tuning:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+first+time+ever+Bert+Jansch

Can anyone please tell me how to post a vid link?
Quote by Tony Done
...[ ]....Can anyone please tell me how to post a vid link?

I'll take a shot at it.

First, the video has to be playing, and "youtube.com/watch", should be in the header.

Don't forget to let the ads finish, or if you can click through them, do so, before grabbing the URL address.

The reason your attempt failed, is you were trying to link the search results.

So, "Ctrl A", to select the entire URL while the video is playing, "Ctrl C", to copy it.

Come back to your post and hit the "hyperlink button"... (the globe with the chain icon in the toolbar above the text box). A dialog box will appear. The first section is for a title of the video, which you can ignore, and click through to the hyperlink dialog itself. Hit, "backspace", to clear the preexisting header, and "Ctrl V", paste your link into the box. Then, (obviously), click the "insert" button.

That ought to do it.

One more thing, with this software, and particularly with image URLs, when the address is pasted, it is handled like text. So that when any part of the address is too long to fit in the box, the software splits the address, and the link fails.

You must push the top line is far toward the right as possible. That will eliminate the space between the two halves of the address. I'll try giving you an example...

.....................................................................................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's what it needs to look like....NO spaces. Use the "preview post" button to verify the image link is working. Sometimes you need to diddle with it, or maybe a couple of "do overs", to get it functioning correctly

And again with an image link, it must be fully selected, before you click the add image button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqdi6evOclY

Above is one video from the search results in you post. If you quote this post, you should be able to see the address inside "" brackets.
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 17, 2014,
I'll take a shot at it.

First, the video has to be playing, and "youtube.com/watch", should be in the header.

Don't forget to let the ads finish, or if you can click through them, do so, before grabbing the URL address.

The reason your attempt failed, is you were trying to link the search results.

So, "Ctrl A", to select the entire URL while the video is playing, "Ctrl C", to copy it.

Come back to your post and hit the "hyperlink button"... (the globe with the chain icon in the toolbar above the text box). A dialog box will appear. The first section is for a title of the video, which you can ignore, and click through to the hyperlink dialog itself. Hit, "backspace", to clear the preexisting header, and "Ctrl V", paste your link into the box. Then, (obviously), click the "insert" button.

That ought to do it.

One more thing, with this software, and particularly with image URLs, when the address is pasted, it is handled like text. So that when any part of the address is too long to fit in the box, the software splits the address, and the link fails.

You must push the top line is far toward the right as possible. That will eliminate the space between the two halves of the address. I'll try giving you an example...

.....................................................................................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's what it needs to look like....NO spaces. Use the "preview post" button to verify the image link is working. Sometimes you need to diddle with it, or maybe a couple of "do overs", to get it functioning correctly

And again with an image link, it must be fully selected, before you click the add image button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqdi6evOclY

Above is one video from the search results in you post. If you quote this post, you should be able to see the address inside "" brackets.

Thanks mucho. As you can see I got it to work after a bit of fiddling. I chose this because I saw him live when I was at Uni. - Only a couple of years older than me and already a big name folkie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqdi6evOclY
You should maybe look up stuff like; Kaki King, Newton Faulkner, Thomas Leeb, Andy Mckee, Mike Dawes?
Their stuff is often DADGAD, or DGDGAD. (Semi/Full tone up or down some times)

However, Kaki King uses several tunings.
Anything and everything by Masaaki Kishibe is absolutely beautiful acoustic fingerpicking. I think his best is "Miracle Mountain" (奇跡の山.
Quote by Gingerlocks
You should maybe look up stuff like; Kaki King, Newton Faulkner, Thomas Leeb, Andy Mckee, Mike Dawes?
Their stuff is often DADGAD, or DGDGAD. (Semi/Full tone up or down some times)

However, Kaki King uses several tunings.

Actually Andy Mckee has only ever written one song in both of those tunings, and I'm pretty sure Thomas Leeb doesn't use those two all that much either.
Some names that haven't been said yet that should with a random song of their's:
Calum Graham - The Channel
Antoine Dufour - These Moments
Jon Gomm - Passionflower
Luca Stricagnoli - The Future
Dylan Ryche - Mulberry Street
Don Ross - Klimbim
I'm obsessed with 'our house' by Crosby Stills and Nash right now.

Oh and Thrasher by Neil Young.
How about " Romeo& Juliet" Dire Straits. Has to be up there with the best. Cheers ////
Quote by tuxs
How about " Romeo& Juliet" Dire Straits. Has to be up there with the best. Cheers ////
Well, if you're going to go to the Knopfler songbook, best to include, "Belladonna", & "Les Boys". The Andalusian cadenced, ""Sultans of Swing", is another that can be worked out pretty well acoustically.

His vocal range is a good fit for most men as well. There's no screeching around G above middle C involved.
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 29, 2014,
Jeez I carn't even manage a screech these days. In fact a fellow musician told me the other day to never open my mouth again. Cheers///