Let it go, let it go... you clingy bastard. Let your vote go (week 23)

Poll: Best song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best song?
Song 1
2 18%
Song 2
3 27%
Song 3
1 9%
Song 4
1 9%
Song 5
1 9%
Song 6
3 27%
Voters: 11.
Yellow

I have a cockroach waltzin' around in my bedroom. fml. The End.

The SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT continues:
Ok, ok, ok, ok, so, ok...

Next week, we'll submit our original songs as usual.

The week after that, we'll submit the covers!
Covers week 1, from May 24th to May 31st.

Prepare your anuses!

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Blue Moon" (nico_9550)

2 - "IATWAYARC" (whywefight, FoOltz)

3 - "Motion Progress" (Joshua1207)

4 - "Bleed" (chev311e)

5 - "Intensity" (Scarmadillo)

6 - "Piers" (Skinny91)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song, from Skinny91, it's "Red Drips Through Skyscrapers"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
"Do You Wanna Build A Snowman" is a rip off of "Not While I'm Around" from "Sweeney Todd", god dammit!

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1643296

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The voting is over! This week's winners are whywefight and FoOltz with the song "IATWAYARC", with 3 votes, and Skinny91 with the song "Piers", also with 3 votes!
(They'll be mods in our group, until the next voting)

Thank you all for voting (and participating)!
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at May 19, 2014,
Listened to most of these earlier. Between Skinnys and wwf/fooltz but I went with the latter. Good songs all around.
Much thanks^

Skinny, what did you do for drums? They sound great

I really liked chevelle's (and all of them really) but I ended up going for skinny
Went with Joshua's, I love how the song got darker as it went along.
I ended up voting for Blue Moon. I really enjoyed it. Nico your playing reminds me of Joe Satriani somewhat, both this song and last week's.
Alright lets give these a listen, I'll attempt to give a write up on everyone.

___

nico_9550 - Blue Moon:

Good pacing and instrumentation, reminds me of an interlude at the middle of an album, like its a break before a very uptempo track. I like the background swells as well.

whywefight, FoOltz - IATWAYARC:

I like where the drums come in against the riff, which has a nice simple heavy vibe. Great solo after the first chorus which I think was a good placement in the structure of the piece. Great song, love the feel.

Joshua1207 - Motion Progress:

I like the drums on this, very piecing Hi-hats against a punchy kick. Interesting atmospheric sounds as well.

chev311e - Bleed:

Great energy for an acoustic track. Nice dynamics on the rhythm guitar on the solo as well as the solo itself. Really like the melody, Second solo is really good as well.

Scarmadillo - Intensity:

Nice intro, I like the 6/8 feel as well. When the last section with only guitar happened I thought it was going to go into some crazy double time part haha. The electronics make it very tight and punchy as well.

___

I went for Why We Fight/Footz in the end, though Chev311e was a close second.

EDIT:

Quote by whywefight
Skinny, what did you do for drums? They sound great

Thanks man I recorded a loop with brushes so its a little softer than normal drums, then I think its just a lot of reverb, but I also put a light tremolo on it, it gave the cymbals a cool sound though I think I ended up leaving it pretty low in the mix. Theres also some shakers with the same effects but a more intense tremolo effect.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Last edited by Skinny91 at May 17, 2014,
I have no idea who to vote for. I'm going to give them another listen later and then decide.

Also, Soundcloud needs to sort out its related songs algorithm.

Anyway, I thought of making a thread in the group with a list of every song by everyone, sorted by UGer, with links. What do you guys think?
Quote by Scarmadillo
I ended up voting for Blue Moon. I really enjoyed it. Nico your playing reminds me of Joe Satriani somewhat, both this song and last week's.

Thanks, I appreciate it. He's a great influence in my playing.

I voted for chevelle's after a couple of listens, I really could have gone for anyone this week but Bleed is stuck in my head now

Quote by sickman411

Fracture plays every time after I listen to any song on soundcloud

Anyway, I thought of making a thread in the group with a list of every song by everyone, sorted by UGer, with links. What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea

Edit: Mini's avatar headbangs almost in time with Intensity
Last edited by nico_9550 at May 17, 2014,
Quote by whywefight
I thought I read that related song plays didn't count?

And that's a good idea

They do count. Up to a while ago you could even see the number go up when a song ended and the related started. Also, there's no other explanation for the fact that one of my songs has so many more plays.

Look at SunshineMusicO's account and the plays for the song "Love". (It's that one that used to show up everywhere in the first few weeks, the one that went "Let me tell you a story...")
Quote by sickman411
They do count. Up to a while ago you could even see the number go up when a song ended and the related started. Also, there's no other explanation for the fact that one of my songs has so many more plays.

Look at SunshineMusicO's account and the plays for the song "Love". (It's that one that used to show up everywhere in the first few weeks, the one that went "Let me tell you a story...")

oh god that got tiring.

Quote by nico_9550

Edit: Mini's avatar headbangs almost in time with Intensity

Dammit, now my next song is gonna have to go in time to its headbang. Also thanks for the vote!
Last edited by chev311e at May 17, 2014,

@sickman: That'd be cool, but doing that seems so tedious. Are you sure you wanna do it?
(I'm lazy, can you tell?)
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at May 17, 2014,
Quote by sickman411
I have no idea who to vote for. I'm going to give them another listen later and then decide.

Fracture automatically plays every time I finish listening to any songwriting game song. So it probably gets about 10 plays from me per week.

Sickman has it rigged, I know it.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Minicaxotinho

@sickman: That'd be cool, but doing that seems so tedious. Are you sure you wanna do it?
(I'm lazy, can you tell?)

I'd do it a bit at a time.

I tried making Fracture private just to see what would happen. It suggested The Burnout Gang instead, and a bunch of my other songs.

I voted for Exactly That. Really strong submissions by Nico, Joshua and Chev as well. It was hard to decide.

Also, Spoony, I'm not sure why I found that so amusing but I'm going to sig you.
Last edited by sickman411 at May 18, 2014,