anyone here sit in classical position?

my shoulders are quite uneven, and i feel its coz of my playing posture...
is there any advice anyone can offer regarding this?

also my fretting side gets stiff under the shoulders after about an hour or two of practice..
anyone else sitting in classical position have this issue?

i have a Dime guitar, which feels awkward playing the other way.
should i maybe lower the height of my footrest? would this help ?
Last edited by The SoundGuy at May 17, 2014,
Sounds like you're sitting with too much tension, forcing the position. You should be as relaxed as possible, and sit loose and comfortably, not scrunching yourself forcibly into some awkward position.
My God, it's full of stars!
Wait wait... You are playing a Dime.... In classical position? That is either the most gay or most metal thing I have ever heard. Non Pit answer: what dread said, you need to relax. Posture tension will always kill you as a guitar player, and reinforce bad habits.
Assuming you're playing a Dime razorback you're not trying to be too formal anyways. Just loosen up and relax. You don't want your footrest too high off the ground or it forces you into an bad position
stretch them more
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
My left shoulder has a chunk missing from it where I sliced it open so deep that it gouged out about 3 inches wide and then loads of adipose tissue fell out over night and it sealed up, leaving a huge dip in my shoulder as if there are two muscles where everyone else has one, so quit moaning.

On a serious note, I think it sounds like a tension thing, I always sit in the classical position with pointy guitars and when I was much younger I found the same problem and realised I was raising my shoulder for no reason and just stopped and it became easier to play over night.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
yeah i like the classical position if you know what i'm sayin
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by derkym
Wait wait... You are playing a Dime.... In classical position? That is either the most gay or most metal thing I have ever heard. Non Pit answer: what dread said, you need to relax. Posture tension will always kill you as a guitar player, and reinforce bad habits.

Try a taller chair, or a lower footrest, but as has already been said, try and relax, and don't make the mistake of hunching over your guitar, if anything, lean back.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass